Bumpy ride, seat suspension?

Probably. I'm still thinking - completeley rebuild the back part of the frame, custom, or buy an ebike frame... hard choice

Mike e bike frames are heavy, keep that in mind. Ebike I bought a year ago weighed 60lbs w/o the battery.

yep the one i want is 21 kgs. Harder to steal.. I guess??? Either way my alarm is way too sensitive I forgot that I need to lock the wheels and put the alarm on in front of the school, just about touched the wheels, it went off. Got so scared I was looking for the alarm remote in my pocket when it was in my hands!

No reason to be scared if it is your own bike... if you have the key fob and key to unlock it, no reason to be afraid. The school cops might acknowledge and remember it. If they deal with you once, they might know to stop anyone else riding your bike. When I went to college I had the college cops inspect my bike so they knew what to look for if it was stolen.
They even let me park my bike outside of my classrooms instead of in the parking lot.

Yes! I still don't know what those are!
If you are talking about this:

They won't work!

Can I just grab 2 huge washers and sandwitch the frame between them with two nuts?

Can I just grab 2 huge washers and sandwitch the frame between them with two nuts? Would that work?

This is literally what i posted when asking what a torque arm is and saying I thought they are these (Sent a picture of one) and thats a POS it wouldn't hold 7200W peak but alright.

The wheel has no problems. Its the frame.

The frame is not designed to absorb that much torque at the axle dropouts alone. It's the same reason why Sturmey Archer and Shimano gear hubs come with anti turn or twist, heavy serration axle washers with matching slots for their axles with flats.

Please, people here are trying to educate you about these hubs. You're going to end up having the axle spin in the hub possibly damaging the power wires going into the hub backing plate at the least, and maybe cause a big electrical fire at worst.

Don't be another Darwin's award winner.

Maybe I can clear up the miscommunication.

Vikingmike is trying to say that he knows that a torque arm is, the issue is that the power he is running is far greater than what the steel those torque arms can handle. Basically, that square section that is supposed to hold the axle ends up rounding out due to the torque. Unless you know of any companies selling a high carbon steel version, most off the shelf solutions will not work..

However, Vikingmike, you could always take that design to a machine shop and have them cut some from either a high carbon steel or simply a thicker piece of steel which could help solve the wallering out issue until you get a new frame.

Back