Burning Smell From Engine (No not gas burning lol)

Ordinary.Squid.

Local time
11:20 PM
I have a 2 stroke from a homelite weedeater. There is a burning smell and smoke coming from the area of my exhaust. No its not smoke from the engine running haha. When i turn the engine off, Smoke comes from the area where the exhaust is, and it has a strange burning smell (smells like an overheated electric motor). Any ideas what this could be?

is this engine very new?

Any 2 stroke i get smells absolutely terrible for the first dozen or so heat-cooling cycles as it burns off manufacturing gunk

No its about a year and a half old. it has been sitting for about a month before i ran it the other day and found the problem.

Make sure you using the proper mix ratio! Did you spill gas arround the clutch area? The clutch engages when a certain RPM is reached and if the shoes got gunk on them, I could see that happening also!

I assume the motor is still on the WW? Make sure there isn't undue resistance in the cable that powers the cutting head! That would add resistance and cause the clutch to slip also!

Last edited:
resolved

It seemed to go away now after a little bit more running and new gas. it might have been a bad oil gas mix, or just some dust and debris around the motor which was smoldering.

Thank u everyone

Back