Bushings?/Bearings? and oil

Thanks Augie, you're my hero :)
I asked Duane THAT exact question because it was important to me to have a roller lower end. Wonder why he wouldn't know that the 70 had a proper bearing down there?
This is xlnt news!

Ya know , I had a Free spirit sears front fork engine that was an old sucker . When I got it it was froz up so apart it came and was cleaned and put back together and ended up to be a fun little bugger and ran quite well. It's only problem was the drive roller was worn way down and when I fab-ed another it ran really good except in the rain. Point being that thing was very old and well abused and still running good and if I recall it was a total bushing engine. When I had it apartI don't seem to recall any bearings at all..... T

i do believe my original bushing-70 will last a long time, too, now that i better know how to treat it.

My original 80 - 70 cc from Kings is a ____ ???? bushing or bearing engine??? Anyone sure of this??? I have ah no eyed dear ... T

And another thing . I'm with that other old school guy that said " Run as much oil in the mix as she'll stand" Up to the point of it driping out the exaust and then I'm sure everything in there is good and greasy. I can clean my plug once in a while and I like smoke. When I was a kid everything smoked. Everyone smoked. Ricky and Lucy smoked . My dad smoked like a 32 Buick . If it didn't smoke it wasn't running...............T

Not to change the subject, but I'm now wondering what I should be running in my Mitsu 43cc. I've been blissfully, (ignorantely?) running Royal Purple 2 cycle in it. (When in doubt, throw money). My other options are - Valvoline 2 cycle (marine or regular), Bombadier, Polaris or Yamalube snow machine 2-cycle, or Amsoil 2 cycle, or the varieties of chainsaw oil. Anything else I would have to have shipped in. Opinions? I know ya got some.

I'm reluctant to take the "some is good, more is better" approach to pre-mix. For any given volume of fuel oil mixture passing through the carb, any increase in oil ratio beyond recommended results in a reduction of actual fuel thus leaning the mixture. Many folks detonate their fishing motors doing just this.

Not to change the subject, but I'm now wondering what I should be running in my Mitsu 43cc. I've been blissfully, (ignorantely?) running Royal Purple 2 cycle in it. (When in doubt, throw money). My other options are - Valvoline 2 cycle (marine or regular), Bombadier, Polaris or Yamalube snow machine 2-cycle, or Amsoil 2 cycle, or the varieties of chainsaw oil. Anything else I would have to have shipped in. Opinions? I know ya got some.

Opinions: Sure, I have been preaching the virtues of running an oil that has a touch of castor oil in it. If you look at the specs, Maxima 927 or Klotz super techniplate BEATS THE PANTS OFF any synthetic/non-synthetic oil. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!

RC, thanks for that opinion. I'm hoping for an opinion of the options available to me. How about Marvel Mystery Oil? Would that be a substitute for the castor oil? I know I'm poking a hornet's nest here.

Back