Busted again!!

Street Ryderz

Local time
8:55 AM
ffs just got busted again on the bike,doing 60 in a 50 zone and being told it's a motorcycle that I need reg,lic.and ins even tried to confiscate the bike,but argued that it's still a fully functional bicycle and I would peddal it home, then argued that he can't charge me for no ins since it's not a registered vehicle and I've beat that one before and told him to look it up.so he charged me with fail to surrender vehicle permit and drive without proper headlight on motorcycle,HUH ? LOL total bs if you ask me!

If you got a camera, and you had it on you recording the drive without proper headlight would get waived and since they waived that they would prob waive it all because they would prob see a cop just being a DI* and charging false charges.

but in my 2 cents if you going above 35-40MPH you should have a motorcycles license and tags because a NORMAL moped in most areas don't even go much faster then that because most mopeds have to be 50CC to be registered as said moped

^ This info comes from my state and the other 4 states i've been in yours may be different

Don't you have a moped law where you are from should of expected this outcome though sooner or later unless you know something that i dont

Under the Highway Traffic Act, mopeds are not considered motorcycles; however, mopeds require you to have the same types of riding skills as required for motorcycles, and you must hold a valid motorcycle class licence (an M1, M2(L), M2, M(L) or M) in order to drive on Ontario’s public roads. Your moped must also be registered with the Ministry of Transportation and have a valid moped licence plate attached. When registering your moped at a ServiceOntario centre, you must show the new vehicle information statement (NVIS). If your moped is a 1983 or earlier model, and you do not have an NVIS, you may make a self-declaration that the vehicle is a moped as defined under the Highway Traffic Act. After registering, you will be given a vehicle permit and a moped licence plate.

A moped has the following characteristics:

• Weight of 55 kilograms or less
  • Attached motor driven by electricity or having a piston displacement of no more than 50 cubic centimetres
  • Pedals that are operable at all times and may be used to propel the moped
  • No hand- or foot-operated clutch or gearbox driven by the motor and transferring power to the driven wheel
  • Maximum speed of 50 km/h on level ground within 2 kilometres from a standing start
All ontario laws

Last edited:
Doing 60 is asking for it lol!

Can keep attention off of you and sometimes talk your way out of it usually if you keep it 30 or less, but if you are going long distances and doing high speeds then it will save money in the long run by just biting the bullet and registering it to throw some plates and a headlight on it.

I rode thru this small rural town once, the kind that has 1 cop and even I was going 18mph, it drew attention and I saw the one cop looking at me hard, he snapped his neck hearing me go by on my 2 stroke but if Anyone is around I won't go more than 25 bcs it's just loud like a dirtbike which is why we draw so much attention on city streets. mostly why I wanted to have a 4 stroke

The little Subaru is pretty quiet. Sometimes I forget it’s there because it’s behind me and not between my legs. I like when it gets into high rpm makes a cool noise but it’s the quietest bike I’ve had so far. I’d say it’s the funnest too. You get a little excercise without killing yourself because you still have to pedal. The only thing I don’t like is how much it slows down uphill. Cops wouldn’t care if you were living on the street and using a motorized bike they would still ticket you if they could. Cruising up and down my road I never see any cops. One time I think I saw a fire police truck maybe just blue lights. They can’t do anything with us though.

Don't you have a moped law where you are from should of expected this outcome though sooner or later unless you know something that i dont

Under the Highway Traffic Act, mopeds are not considered motorcycles; however, mopeds require you to have the same types of riding skills as required for motorcycles, and you must hold a valid motorcycle class licence (an M1, M2(L), M2, M(L) or M) in order to drive on Ontario’s public roads. Your moped must also be registered with the Ministry of Transportation and have a valid moped licence plate attached. When registering your moped at a ServiceOntario centre, you must show the new vehicle information statement (NVIS). If your moped is a 1983 or earlier model, and you do not have an NVIS, you may make a self-declaration that the vehicle is a moped as defined under the Highway Traffic Act. After registering, you will be given a vehicle permit and a moped licence plate.

A moped has the following characteristics:

• Weight of 55 kilograms or less
  • Attached motor driven by electricity or having a piston displacement of no more than 50 cubic centimetres
  • Pedals that are operable at all times and may be used to propel the moped
  • No hand- or foot-operated clutch or gearbox driven by the motor and transferring power to the driven wheel
  • Maximum speed of 50 km/h on level ground within 2 kilometres from a standing start
All ontario laws
Yes I live in southern Ontario but those Hiway Traffic Act rules/laws don't apply to our bike's they are not mopeds!For a few reasons first is the displacement,next is the clutch and the fact that they have no vin or NVIS to get it registered.There is a seperate section that covers motorized bicycles and no matter how you want to look at it they are currently not legal!People like myself whom still choose to operate these and fight the charges succesfully have slowly been making the municipalities lighten up on enforcement since they won't change the laws,and mine is one of the last in the golden horseshoe that's still being annal about it!In Hamilton the cop's are greedy and at times bored so they jump on anything that they think will help there quota,then alot of them still think they can get no ins,no reg,un plated and other motor vehicle offences that total over 10k in fines but because of persistant folks like myself fighting in court and succeeding in getting all those dropped due to improper classification of a motor vehicle they are starting to realize it's not worth their time going to court for bs little charges when none of the big ones stick.That takes their incentive away from stopping us and in area's like Toronto I can do the speed limit on any road without them even looking twice.

Back