Butch's AZ Warrior Tadpole EZM Q-Matic Trike

B

Butch

This is the tadpole recumbent that I built over the winter. It has a 49cc Honda 4 stroke motor and an EZM Q-Matic drive system. It was a fun project and kept me busy for a good part of the winter. The ride is very comfortable and the top speed is 38 MPH @ 7000 RPM.

Attachments

• Warrior2a.jpg
    Warrior2a.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 9,652
  • Warrior2b.jpg
    Warrior2b.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 5,667
I LOVE your Warrior concept and was wondering...

I have seen these gasers fly by and decided it was time to get back on the bike but this time with gas - whoops! Not happening here. The laws are so strict that is is stupid. Gasers are screwed buy an adendum that actually states there must be a deck, a vin# and they have to be registratable along with insurance etc.... but electric only has two things - bike can't weigh over 100lbs and can't exceed 1000w. I'm not that worried about the weight. I will be exchanging your Honda with electric and I will be using as much aluminum as I can plus I will be adding a shield (wall).
A long time ago I used to race. Was a good up and coming but then tragedy - I became a human speed bump and that ended everything. 9.5 months in a body cast and traction. Anyway, my doc says that I can ride recumbents but not uprights (and I actually believe him). So, I have very little stamina and legs for this and want to do a trike like your AZ Warrior Tadpole EZM Q-Matic Trike but electric. I'm doing this so I can actually get home. The electric is for after I have ridin. Oh! It will be so nice to get out and ride again even if it is in the layed back position. Any ideas for me? I would like to mount a Currie or something similar instead of your gas system and I will NOT be using this(I mentioned this in my intro thread):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Bike-B...691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb7c8089b
after all because the batteries are huge and heavy. I am back to looking at Li's.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Welcome to MBc. You might want to check out the stuff done by "Recompence" at EO.

Wow I absolutely Love your trike design!

I was looking into making a copy of this one, but with a lighter motor like yours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvM7cSPZhec

But now that I've seen yours, I really like the look of your frame better, and am thinking that would be absolutely ideal with some flameproofed saddle bags to hide the engine.

I don't suppose you have some dimensions or plans you worked from?
Or a vid on youtube to get a better look and from more angles or see it in action? What kind of gear ratio does yours work out to?

I need something that can climb hills all day, so even though I'd like a big engine with cvt I'll probably have to do multiple gears and small engine. To be legal here the limit is 35cc, or it at least has to look like a 35cc. :)

Last edited:
Go to AtomicZombie and look up the Warrior there. His trike is a direct derivative of that design, with the main difference being and extended wheelbase (behind the seat) to provide room for the engine.

Attached is a sketch of a design I drew up recently, which was in large part inspired by that design.

Attachments

• Slik N Sleek 4.jpg
    Slik N Sleek 4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,239
Back