Butch's Bikes

These are a couple of the motorized bikes I put together this summer. I think I'll have to break down pretty soon and put them away for the winter. I'm hoping for a few more days around 30 degrees so I can get a little more riding time in.

55_Schwinn_Jaguar_4.jpg

55_Schwinn_Skyliner_3.jpg

I have the same speedo as your first one! I also like the tank over the rear wheel.

Do you like the chain drive or the belt drive engine better?

I enjoy riding them both but for longer trips I prefer the GEBE belt drive. There's just fewer things that can go wrong.

Butch,

A question for you....where did you get the kick stands, and will they fit on an old time frame with two small tubes?

ya snuck right past me...welcome to the board, Butch :)

yup, really nice looking bikes, good use of the underbar tank 8)

nice bikes...i have the same bike as the first one ...did you cut the bars down on that one?

nice bikes...i have the same bike as the first one ...did you cut the bars down on that one?

I was more comfortable with the narrower bars so I cut 2 inches off of each end. It also made it easier getting the bike through the door of my work shop.

Winter Projects

These are a couple of fun projects I put together over the winter. I still need to put some paint on the recumbent when the weather warms up a little more. Snow was gone off the roads today so I took them both out for a ride for the first time. Put about 20 miles on each bike with no problems.

Img_0482.jpg

Img_0480.jpg

Img_0475.jpg

Img_0476.jpg

Back