Buyers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends

I consider your opinions and I think We agree in some points:

First Opinion:
a) if you had done any research before spending your money, you would have known that all the kit engines are made from very soft castings and/or metal (azkronic) - which mean they are not reliable.

b) Bench Rotation testing of these motors is 10,000 Km which is approximately 6000 miles!! They are very reliable. That is how I can guarantee them (Thatsdax) - which mean they are reliable.

SELLER =/= USER

...if you were here in the states, he would've replaced it no questions asked - So my engine will not be replaced because it is in UK. With all respect I have to say you think wrong - all broken engines without customer fault have to be replaced because it's seller's responsibility. My spent $200 wasn't donation on Thatsdax account.

if you had done any research before spending your money - hm my research... on left side of window - 1) ThatsDax.com advert (nothing there about engines which are made from very soft castings and/or metal - there is only how good they are). 2) http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4452 85% users prefer Dax (maybe because He replace broken engines... only in USA)

Please my friends don't behave childish: We have here situation where 1 person sold and takes money, 2nd trust him about reliability, 3rd guard him now and explain his fault.

Please somebody have to responsibility for sold goods, can't wash hands every time when repair is expensive and ignore customers because they are outside of USA. Honesty is it a fear of American Psycho which could be unhappy for broken product. And looks like I can't do anything about it.

End you my friend try to judge me for expecting my rights. You think It's emotions, but it's not. It's reaction for ignorance and too big self believe. SELLERS HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OWN PRODUCTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. IT IS LAW. I HAVE TO RIGHT EXPECT FROM SELLER QUALITY WHEN HE ADVERTISE OWN PRODUCT AS A RELIABLE AND LONG TIME USE.

YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN EVERY DISASTER AS A BAD LUCK. NOBODY'S FAULT NOT EXIST ON MARKET. SELLERS ARE INSURED FOR SUCH A SITUATIONS. THEY CARRY ABOUT PRODUCT TO DON'T HAVE SUCH A SITUATIONS. I'M SORRY BUT NOBODY TOLD ME THAT I'M BUYING LOTTERY TICKET AND YOUR ENGINE COULD HAVE CRASH AND THERE IS A RISK OF BREAKAGE. THATSDAX NEVER EVER REMAIND ABOUT IT ON OWN PAGE.

...it is not the sellers fault if it was a bad engine.. - YES, I AGREE IT'S FAULT OF PURE CHINES WHICH ASSEMBLY THIS ENGINE WRONG, BUT UNFORTUNATELY SELLER TAKES THEIR RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCT AFTER HE PAY LESS FOR BUNCH OF ENGINES AND SELL THEM FOR PROFIT. THIS PROFIT IS HIS COVERAGE FOR SITUATIONS LIKE THIS. THAT'S WHY PROFIT IS SMALLER OR BIGGER SOMETIMES.

...he does state that there is no warranty out of the states, so you were aware of this befrore entering this transaction...- UNFORTUNATLY ON THIS WORLD LAW MAKES RIGHTS NOT SELLERS. SELLER CAN WRITE WHATEVER HE WANT, BUT HE CAN'T TREAT SOME CUSTOMERS BETTER... HE HAVE TO TREAT THEM EQUAL BECAUSE HE TOOK THE SAME MONEY FROM THEM ($200)... THIS IS HIS RISK, HE HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE AND NOT HIDE AVAY BEHAIND BACK MOTORISED BICYCLE MEMBERS. I FEEL MEMBER AS WELL ANY OTHER USA MEMBER AND I NOT AGREE ON HIDING SELLERS FAULTS.

...and trashing him here for your miss-fortune is not very cool...- PLEASE MY FRIEND, YOU SAW THE PICTURES, FAULT IS SHOWN AND SELLER DON'T WANT TO REPLACE/GIVE BACK MONEY BECAUSE I'M NOT USA CITIZEN, BUT IT WASN'T MATER WHEN HE TOOK MY MONEY. HIDING FORM RESPONSIBILITY IS NOT VERY COOL. HE JUST NOT FEEL RESPECT TO ME AND MY MONEY- BUT WHAT FOR IF I'M NOT FROM USA AND HE HAVE MY MONEY NOW.

BY THE WAY - I USED 2 STROKE MIXING BOTTLE - 1 LITTER + DOSE OIL (ON PICTURE WITH OIL. NO WORRIES I DOSE OIL CORRECTLY - 20-25 TO 1 LITTER.

I see so many similar opinions :p - is it your thatsdax fans, children, coworkers, family or you yourself?

PEOPLE - YOU SAW THE PHOTOS - SELLER HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OWN ACTIONS.

ok....That does not answer the question at all

I asked for how many ounces per gallon or oil you were using. Or.. How many ounces per liter would suffice. So.. Your answer was ? I used the bottle? BY THE WAY - I USED 2 STROKE MIXING BOTTLE - 1 LITTER + DOSE OIL. This is your answer? Ok.. So.. You do not know how many ounces of oil per liter you have been using. This is a serious problem. I appreciate your pictures. I can tell from your pictures of the piston that you have a lean condition. The piston is super clean for sure and looks cooked. Running to hot and with too little oil will do a lot of damage. Your piston looks nearly spotless and super clean for sure. This is a lack of oil lean condition. And..Since you have no idea how many ounces of oil per liter you are using, I would advise not buying any parts to repair motor, you will burn it up again. First you need to know how many ounces per liter you are mixing, and then tell me. I will do my best to help you.. Provided you let me. And.. Going on the attack and not being nice at all does not promote one to helping you. FYI.

What ? you posted this? I see so many similar opinions :p - is it your thatsdax fans, children, coworkers, family or you yourself?

PEOPLE - YOU SAW THE PHOTOS - SELLER HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OWN ACTIONS.

These are disinterested 3rd parties. They are trying to help you. Sounds like you do not want to listen.

So many similar opinions because the Dax kit is one of the better "Happy Times" kits, and Duane is one of the best retailers of the "Happy Times" kits.

Very few other retailers will give us the time of day. Duane will answer every email and talk to you on the phone, his number is listed on his website and every ebay listing I have seen.

I am not saying the Dax kit is perfect, but it is the best kit I have installed!

I understand the need to vent! I really do, but now you have a choice; either fix it or junk it! but keep in mind, if you want to fix it you will need to get your parts from the same man you are "trashing" as parts are not universal!

Good luck and i hope to read your fix it success Story

duwanye is a stand up guy and backs up his warentes and gurantees and his kits are the higher quality one

if you cannot tell us how much oil you were using, then IMHO you shouldn't be running a 2 stroke
a 2 stroke engine needs the oil for lubrication and too little is far worse than too much
I understand your frustration with the situation, but we cannot give advice to someone who is unwilling/not able to give specifics on how they were running their engine

Personally, I feel if you aren't gonna warranty out of the 48 states, you shouldn't sell out of the 48, no matter how much of a stand up guy you are. But that's just a opinion of a family run business member of over 68 years.

If that is the way you feel...Then..

Then... In my opinion, If I were you, I would not sell out of the USA.

Guess that one went a bit over your head Duane, Sorry. Our family does not sell out of the US. The point was, if you aren't going to warranty outside of the 48, maybe you shouldn't sell either. It's kind of a free pass isn't it? Sell this motor and no worries on the warranty? Think about it, if you are willing to bend over backwards for customers inside the 48, doesn't benifit you even more on a business stand point to do the same for the customers outside the 48? Wouldn't that open up a whole new business opportunity for you?

Who else is doing that?

But what do I know.... I'll just keep selling office furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back