Buyers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax how much for new motor?,I will kick in some$$ to stop this hate&discontent ,so we can get back to what this forum is for. louis

sorry man but stuff happens i hada bad motor but was chaged for a new one
factory did a bad weld on the intake but might of been a bad engine but ther are dealers over ther like china where they come from did you think of that im behind dax from what i read and am starting to deal with him so sorry good sir but the tea is not greener in usa but in china is fresher to get and cheaper
but good luck man

Well... kick in some$$ would be something what very impress me. For me is doesn't matter how I back on road - I really just to promote DAX in England. Charity and donations are welcome. But not or me - for DAX. I don't want money back because I'm fan of motorised bicycle. I like stories with happy end anyway.

We all had to look at the ads and read the info on the sites we bought our engines from. If I had read the info from one site and made MY decision to buy knowing that there was NO warranty outside of the USA (lower 48), and bought it anyway knowing that I lived in an area that was not in the warranty area, then THAT would be MY decision. Now to try to blame and shame a seller into offering me something I knew in the first place was not going to be offered to me, is some kind of scam,,short and sweet of it. This policy is not something that was listed AFTER your purchase! Now, why are you expecting something for nothing???? NO warranty outside of the USA (lower 48). How much more simpler does it have to be made to you??? Go throw YOUR tantrum somewhere else, and live with YOUR decision. If you decide to attempt to repair your engine,maybe the forum members MIGHT still offer YOU some help, but then again,,, maybe not.

Papa

Holy, give it a rest already.
I am one of Dax's competitors...therefore, I am definitly not one to follow the master but I do have to jump in and say a few words here.
Did you not see the big letters on DAX's website that states that there is NO WARRANTY outside of the US?
Did you not understand what that meant when you bought your engine?

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT IF YOU EXPECTED A WARRANTY!

It should not matter what happened or didn't happen to cause your engine to die. The fact is that you were definitly over the warranty time anyways. So even if you were in the US, you still wouldn't have had a valid request for a warranty replacement.

I would not have offered any warranty either in your case. If a person starts opening up engines and playing around, that's it warranty is over...doesn't matter if you've had it for 6 days or 60 days.
Even any major manufacturer goes with that rule (honda, yamaha, kawasaki, anything).

Send me your d**m address and you'll get the parts you need so you can stay the h*ll off the back of one of the most intelligent people that comes to this forum.
It takes a lot of time and energy for Duane and others to provide all the help and to make this a site worth coming to. No one deserves that bull***t from someone like you.

Chris, Your going to let him get away with his shame sham? He still hasn't answered dax's question about the fuel mix.
Don't give in!

it's a matter of honor!
Doc

Nah, I would just like to see him shut it already so everyone can get back to more important issues...like helping people that need it instead of wasting time with this one.
He must have a clue about the oil mix by now...especially after doing all that searching to re-write and provide links to all those posts. If he burns up another...well it's obvioulsy his fault and he can not blame or pass shame onto anyone at that point.

Oh, and by the way...there would be NO WARRANTY!! at all on the parts that I offered (unless I did the work myself). This isn't because you are anywhere in the world, but because you could be totally incompetent.
I am offering this just so the guy can quit with the whining...enough is enough already.

If this guy looks into the actual prices to ship this engine half-way around the globe to have it worked on, he would understand why Duane and many other vendors do not offer warranty outside of their respective countries.

Even with that considered, and if he was willing to pay for the shipping costs from his own pocket...HE IS STILL OVER THE WARRANTY PERIOD AS STATED ON THE WEBSITE...therefore, give it a rest man.

FIX IT OR BURY IT!

Right

Greg; from a legal point of view, you entered in to a contract.
You did not read that there is a warranty that did in no way cover you or that even in the U.S., would still be long expired and still not cover you.
From a moral point of view, thatsdax did more then he said he would for you in the contract.
From a realistic point of view, you should come to know what your part is in this, grow and learn from it and not blame others for your life.
What is your part in this? Attempting to assassinate the character of others will not rectify the situation.

Exactly. Please stop blaming DAX for this. You knew the warranty period from the very beginning. I am locking this thread as there is nothing left to be discussed here; everything is just being repeated over and over again...

Greg; from a legal point of view, you entered in to a contract.
You did not read that there is a warranty that did in no way cover you or that even in the U.S., would still be long expired and still not cover you.
From a moral point of view, thatsdax did more then he said he would for you in the contract.
From a realistic point of view, you should come to know what your part is in this, grow and learn from it and not blame others for your life.
What is your part in this? Attempting to assassinate the character of others will not rectify the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back