Buyers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

greguk

Local time
9:48 PM
Buyers Beware [THATSDAX.COM] BAD ENGINE

DEAR COLLEGES PLEASE CONSIDER IN FUTURE BUYING FROM THATSDAX.COM. I BOUGHT FROM THIS SELLER I DON'T HAVE ANY SUPPORT NOW. IT'S SELLER FAULT, SHE/HE SOLD ME BAD ENGINE WHICH HAD PROBLEM WITH broken screw-thread in body engine (lucky repaired) http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6479

NOW IT HAS MORE SERIOUS DAMAGE CAUSED BY LOW QUALITY BROKEN PISTON.

I WROTE TO SELLER VERY LONG LETTER TO EXPLAIN SITUATION. I EXPECT SHE/SHE WILL UNDERSTAND BUT LOOKS LIKE SHE/HE ONLY SELL THEM AND DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS. I SPENT $330 FOR ALL AND USE IT FOR 4 MONTHS (IN FIRST 3 MONTHS I USED IT FOR 2-5 MILES TRIPS DAILY; IN LAST MONTH I 14 MILES DAILY). THIS IS NOT VERY MUCH. i FEEL DISAPPOINTED AND CHEATED. LOOKS LIKE SELLER SHIP OVERSEAS LOW GRADE PRODUCTS BECAUSE HE/SHE NOT HONOUR WARRANTIES AT ALL.

I RECEIVED ANSWER FROM SELLER:

Greg. We offer no warranty for sales outside the USA. You can go to the website and find the parts you need to get your motor going again. After break in. Go to a synthetic 2 stroke oil . Thanks.

WHAT MEAN THIS ANSWER? THIS PERSON WROTE TO ME 40 WORDS WITHOUT WORD 'SORRY'. I THINK THIS IS THE MOST CYNICAL ANSWER I EVER READ (SHE/HE FORGOT TO AD 'ENJOY THE RIDE' - UNFORTUNATELY HERE IS NOTHING TO ENJOY NOW). LOOKS LIKE SELLER AGREE IN OPINION THAT ENGINES ARE LOW QUALITY - SILENT MEAN YES. IF SOMEBODY SELL OUTSIDE USA AND NOT HONOUR WARRANTY IT IS MEAN HE/SHE SELL AND SEND RUBBISH.
PART 'You can go to the website and find the parts you need to get your motor going again.' JUST SHOOT ME. HE/SHE WANTS MORE MONEY FROM ME. I SPENT ALREADY $200 FOR KIT I EXPECT QUALITY AND RELIABILITY. SELLER DOESN'T HAVE TO LIKE ME, HE/SHE HAVE TO SELL GOOD PRODUCT.

PLEASE HELP - SELLER CAN'T HELP ME BECAUSE HE/SHE DON'T CARE ABOUT OWN PRODUCT.

To: Duane

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Gregory and I bought engine from You at 07-Jun-07 22:00:37 (330126395499). I was happy user until yesterday. Since June, I didn't have serious problems with it. It was very useful engine with small 2-stroke issues. To be honest, I replace some of parts include: kill button, clutch lever, fuel pipe, spark plug, spark plug wire, intake gasket, nuts on steel A2, threaded rods on steel A2 as well. I was mainly happy from its work culture (I had to start it use little high revs; otherwise after 10 min I could use it more sensitive and delicate). I had been able to kill engine with choke, so I didn't have air leak.
I had problem with it which "look" serious but it's wasn't. You can/could read about it at motorized bicycle forum. I repaired it with success by Recoil® Kit. I didn't have problem with engine until today.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6479

Like I wrote above I was happy user. Yesterday I try to ride and I had problem to start it. I didn't have problems day before. At last month I started to work for RWE NPOWER which is 7,5 mile far from me. I used bike only to ride to work and back, 5 days a week. I didn't had problems at all with it (I changed spark plug for original 2 weeks ago and it's surprised me - engine gets some extra power).
Like I wrote already, I tried to ride on Saturday without success. Engine was dead already. I suppose piston moved in cylinder. I rode a little and I hear little "aluminium" "crack" and I had to come back home. I removed upper nuts from cylinder head; I didn't find anything broken for first look. In closer look I found missing chip off piece of piston. I'm sure piston wasn't sealed with cylinder, rather locked by piece of piston. I removed it with little resistance but without tools. Piston is broken on left side, it's look like "rock hit by hammer" It's 1 mm deep crater with smashed left side (with blocked 1 ring on this side). Cylinder looks untouched. Parts of cylinder lock wheels under as well. After that piston rod broke copper bushing under piston. I think some metal base parts changed places (I found some bigger metal parts).
I have to confess I'm not qualified mechanic. I have some experience since I had few months this engine, I study diagrams of it and I know how it works, that's all.

To being honest I don't understand situation, I don't understand why it is broken. I can't find my fault at all. Main fault of this engine is obvious - material from which is engine made is weak. I understand this situation might be able to happen after 1500 - 2000 miles but not after light use in 3 months and 1 month regular use 16 miles daily.

Dear Sir, I remember you have "30 day love it or get your money back Guarantee". I wouldn't like to disappoint you but 30 days are relatively short time to test these engines. I think most breakages happened after between 4-8 months when your customer's habit to ride and pistons of Yours engines are used and might be damaged as well with screw-thread in body engine. In mine opinion both situations are connected each other. I don't want to disappoint you once again but I think you sold me low quality product. From the start cylinder head wasn't proper connected to cylinder body. Cylinder didn't knock. Two last weeks rode very good and smoked from first move. Nothing prognoses this catastrophe. Actually I feel disappointed and little depressed because this situation waste my time spend on this project with spent Ł160 ($320) as well. I just to like my hobby - believe me or not I didn't spent time to tight nuts (except intake, outtake and head cylinder sometimes). This is sad that you sell products with unknown quality. I used 2-stroke oil in ratio 20-25:1, temperature is quite cold outside, so here is not problem with cooling.
There is one thing which is interesting in broken piston. It doesn't have chrome on its surface at all. On your website pictures, Sir, pistons looks shiny but on my pictures they are rather mat. Actually when I touch I feel raw aluminum surface and its typical kettle aluminum - fragile and grey color. Maybe that's why part of aluminum chip broke engine. I think it's understandable - It shouldn't be installed in place where exist detonation. For a proof cylinder is still shine inside.

Unfortunately I disagree with you about warranty. I think your 30 day love it or get your money back Guarantee is something which exist in big corporation networks. This is 30 days to test product more visual and test drive and it is impossible to find material breakage. Engine which will be broken after month shouldn't be sold as well like engine which parts are used after 2, 5 and even 9 months. I didn't have ability to use your product for 30 miles daily from start and replace it in Guarantee time. I mount engine proper. I think mechanical Guarantee is one year like any other new product around the world.

I would like to thank you to have a possibility to use your product. Unfortunately engine which you sent me had fault. This fault was caused by bad quality piston. My engine is broken now. Please help me with replace/money back under warranty.

With regards,

Gregory S.

Attachments

• broken piston.JPG
    broken piston.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 450
  • chromed piston2.jpg
    chromed piston2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 398
  • chromed piston.jpg
    chromed piston.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 370
  • cylinder inside1.JPG
    cylinder inside1.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 397
  • cylinder inside2.JPG
    cylinder inside2.JPG
    326.2 KB · Views: 388
  • oil and bottle.JPG
    oil and bottle.JPG
    443.5 KB · Views: 402
  • piston2.JPG
    piston2.JPG
    523.9 KB · Views: 410
  • piston left side.JPG
    piston left side.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 378
  • piston left.JPG
    piston left.JPG
    451.5 KB · Views: 382
  • piston once again.JPG
    piston once again.JPG
    439.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited by a moderator:
Rest Of Pictures

Attachments

• piston side.JPG
    piston side.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 373
  • piston up.JPG
    piston up.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 373
  • piston.JPG
    piston.JPG
    484.2 KB · Views: 368
  • recoil.JPG
    recoil.JPG
    573.2 KB · Views: 372
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the motor. The motor is made of cheep metal. But most of those motors run good for a lot of miles. It looks like something got in or broke in the head and the piston came up and hit it.

Yes, I understand - cheap metal. And please Sir, name thing proper - not bad luck - sellers ignorance. Nothing could come in because KIT have 2 fuel filters and and foam air filter.

Please others with similar problems to sign up to topic - we have to fight with ignorance.

They give a 30 day Guarantee on that Chinese motor cause it is made of cheep metal. I have a Japanese motor (better metal) and I have a 1 year Guarantee cause they know its gonna take a pounding and keep on running. It's not seller ignorance. That 30 day limit is to protect the seller The motor is what it is. But I do feel your lost. I have been there done that.

Looks like I didn't even get 30 days.

I offer no Guarantee on Sales outside the USA lower 48 States

Did seller wrote here that his product is made from cheap metal? NO

And who received my payment $200? SELLER

Who should suport buyers? SELLER

'Here we have a Bicycle Engine kit installed in a bicycle. Comes with a 30 day love it or get your money back Guarantee !!! What I am selling is the engine kit only.The bike does not come with this engine kit..The pic is only to show you how the engine kit looks installed. This engine kit is fantastic!! Hit the kill switch anytime you like and then it is bicycle again....That is one of the beauties of a motor assisted bicycle..And...With these new 2 stroke oils, there is no smoke trail to speak of any more...Just good clean fun..Keep in mind similar looking kits are sold as F80 80cc kits. They are not. Ask the seller to supply the bore and stroke and then do the math, and you too will see, they are not 80cc motors, not even close. My engines are 70cc engines. Approximately 68cc's to be more exact. .My engines are the best by far and come with a 30 day money back guarantee to back up what I say..These kits come with everything you see in the pic, except the bicycle. It will take around 2 to 5 hours to install depending on the bike and tools that you have and take you to speeds of 30 to 40 mph with a 26 inch wheel. The kits I sell are superior to other engine kits that you might find because my kits have 33% larger cooling fins than other kits, more precise drive chain........ and Steel engine mount clamps "not Pot metal" , the steel clamps allow for some give to contour to the frame without breaking", CDI Ignition, 44T 9 hole rear sprocket, 1/2 gallon tank, Clutch, cables, Alloy Push button Clutch lever, Ball bearing Idler pully, a three hole spacer adapter in case you have a large oversize downtube, twist throttle and cable, Kill switch, 415 chain, and more..Everything except the bike. My engine kits come with a 30 day money back gurantee!! Even though other kits may look the same and tooled up the same..They are different!! Take no chances... You will love my kits.. I work directly with the manufacturing R&D engineers to make sure these engines are the best available. Bench Rotation testing of these motors is 10,000 Km which is approximately 6000 miles!! Wow..Like I said..They are very reliable. That is how I can guarantee them . We have been in business for over 16 years. We will be here when you need us....We are not a here now gone tomorrow company..We Service what we sell..and we sell service!!!...... Motor kits will only add around 15lbs or so to your bike..No kidding....Thanks for looking and have fun riding...You will have the most fun ever on your bike .'

blablabla..... where is my 6000 miles? Where they are very reliable? That is how I can guarantee them - what does it mean? You will love my kits - I loved this KIT, and nothing about cheap metal.

I think somebody don't want to be responsible for own words.

As I said.

I offer no guarantee or warranty for sales outside of the USA. As posted. I will help anyway I can. But.. For obvious reasons, there is no warranty for out of country sales. No guarantee or warranty for out of country lower 48 states sales is posted and is clear. Axiomatic. Even if you were state side, you are still out of warranty past 30 days. Either way, you are out of warranty. My suggestion is, find out what went wrong and fix it. I will help any way I can. I always do. For you to come into a forum and tell buyers beware when you are down on your luck is not the best way to help procurement. I suggest you find out what went wrong and what part or parts you need to get going again. Also. I see the pics. Please tell us the number of ounces of oil per gallon you were using and the type of oil. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

if you had done any research before spending your money, you would have known that all the kit engines are made from very soft castings and/or metal
(caveat emptor...buyer beware)

as bad as I feel for you, it is not the sellers fault if it was a bad engine...if you were here in the states, he would've replaced it no questions asked (he is very well known here for this practice)

he does state that there is no warranty out of the states, so you were aware of this befrore entering this transaction

and trashing him here for your mis-fortune is not very cool (although I understand needing to vent about it)

I can see in the pic the type of oil. but,..

You need to tell me the number of ounces per gallon you were using. Please provide the number of ounces per gallon. Thanks..

Douguk, sorry for your loss but buying these engines is a carpshoot sometimes. Some are better than others and some are worse. Unfortunately shipping to uk is darned expensive. Dax covered himself w/ a disclaimer. Sometimes we must honor that... as well, no merchant is going to tell the consumer that his engine is made of low quality materials... homework would have made that obvious to you. As Bill Clinton once ( or several times )said, " I feel your pain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back