Buyers & Sellers...Who's in Charge at MBc?

G

gone_fishin

well, it seems our un-favorite seller has made his presence known yet again...time to clear the air around here.

MotoredBikes.com is a gathering of buyers, builders, & riders of motor-assisted-bicycles (motoredbikes), and we do allow sellers to interact with our members but under a strict set of guidelines.

seems we've gotten the attention of sellers and makers, both on ebay & private websites. that makes sense, because any time enough consumers gather it will have an influence on the market. in the case of the "happy time" industry, that's been a long time overdue. we've seen shady representation of engines and components, extortive shipping practices & charges, and we've been directly attacked here on the forums.

now, MBc has been threatened by the above mentioned seller with hacking of our site. it's also been mentioned that perhaps a leading importer could force us to comply with a seller's wishes to edit our content to meet his needs.

so, i ask you, the MBc member & consumer: who's in charge here, anyway?

and...please, post your feelings on this matter so certain folks finally get the message...no names (yet), they know who they are.

looks like we're having some site difficulty maybe a DDOS attack perpetrated by some simpleton with a grudge.

site is slowed down and there are many double posts. but good will win out over evil I'm sure :)

yeah, phpBB is too vulnerable...if i find out the simpleton has messed with our system, i'll publish his real name, home address and home phone (oh, yeah, we have it) on the new site.

other forums have a "troll list"...it's been suggested maybe MBc should start one, too :censored:

Just so amazed that someone would try to hijack an impartial community like ours for personal gain, just like big corporations do to our media all the freaking time and they didn't even have the respect to try and bribe you or Tom!?!?!?!?

ha ha! :devilish:

but yeah we need a asstroll list here for us to point and laugh at.

:D :D :D
Unless the seller / importer / manufacturer is giving out freebies (and I mean big dollar freebies), there ain't no way in heck they can control this site.
MB.c is mainly consumers working with other consumers. Sellers beware of bad business practices,,,, we spread it by word of mouth, which can be either good or bad, sellers choice!

Papa

Buyers, sellers and bad eggs

HI all, I realize that not many of you know me, but I've been in the Motor Bicycle business longer than most. No Importer, nor major business is really involved here, that I can tell, and no one I know would want to bother with the petty concept of trying to "run" a chat board that, for the most part, is full of people so busy with talking about how cheap they got thier stuff, and then complaining about the poor quality of the goods.

This forum is not a "Ripe market" full of "Easy Pickins" If it were, some of you-all would be riding my frames, and Sam's and a couple of other higher end products that I'm aware of.

Another example? How many here own more than one Whizzer.......oooppppssss, strike that, how many own A Whizzer? Leather Saddle bags, DOT helmets, High-end control sets, and much much more.

On another note, no matter how much you may dislike anyone, it is very bad luck most of the time, to ever write anything disparaging about anyone, tho I know that the temptation is there. Remember, if no fowl were ever comitted, it would never need defending. Please realize here that I'm speaking about policies of conduct, not about anything which may, or may not have been said or done.

One of the reasons I stayed away from here for so long, is that it is very bad business to be involved in the constant discussions of "where can I get the cheapest kit", "look I've only got $379.00 in my new bike and motor" and other such chatter.

Look for quality, both in the product, and in the vendor. When I was a mechanic for Datsun, the Snap-On truck had a little sign inside that read like this....."We would rather Justify the price, than Apologize for the Quality".

Aim high, and try to hit a signifigant goal, for if you aim low, you will surely hit your target, and probably not be satisfied with it in the end.

Ride Straight
Mike

I am in charge of MBc
just kidding :LOL:

It's gotta be the buyers! thats my vote!

In defense of our sellers.... our, meaning....aw hell ;) ...you guys know who you are!! you share with the group, mucho knowledge! & products to boot!!
thanks guys...for playing fair.

We are all enthusiasts, or we wouldn't be here!

the whole buyer/seller idea reminds me of......which came first, the chicken...or the egg?
:LOL:

It's the rotton eggs that ruin it for everybody!!

good stuff, mike. thanks.

the majority of our topics here (as in several thousand) have nothing whatsoever to do with the cheapness or cost or whatever, but with the mechanical challenges (and FUN) of taking a "toy" and turning it into a practical mode of transportation. i would completely expect (and understand why) sellers would want to avoid the "what's cheapest?" topics, that's exclusively a consumer issue. have you not yourself just announced that you'll be offering the 4-stroke kit? well, brother, be thankful for a bunch of educated consumers who demand, and deserve, a fair shake. hey, the "happy time" is a mainstay, making it possible for the high-end stuff to become a goal of the true enthusiast. who will they buy from if they make that leap? why, sellers who conduct themselves as you do, of course.

MBc tries very hard to make all riders feel welcome, so long as what they ride has pedals and an engine or motor. we were founded on the "happy time" 2-stroker because there wasn't any support out there for the majority of us. great news is that we luckily stumbled onto something good. i love hearing about the whizzers & i don't even mind the "wish i had one" part of it, as long as noone tries to rub it in that i simply can't afford the best. i'd love to build an e-bike too. personally, i'm grateful there's something i can afford to build and maintain.

to address the issue of the shady seller: he came here of his own volition, way back before anyone knew anything about him. his first post attacked the group & he was way less than diplomatic about expressing himself. he was eventually banned for obscene content, altho his conduct alone would have justified the move. he then went on a campaign of circumventing our security to keep coming back to post more obscene insults. we eventually had him banned under 5 usernames and lord knows how many email addys & IP addresses. it got so bad we had to ask the leading maker/importer to address this, which he did. when the public spanking began to cost him business, he began to make the threats about hacking our site, so we nicely removed the spanking. that this petty little place could get the attention, and written response, of the industry leader says something about the power of the buyer.

the dumb*ss came back again yesterday and started the same thing all over again. he's made the bed but doesn't much like lying in it. so here we are.

hope that clears up MBc's position a bit?

srdavo said:
In defense of our sellers.... our, meaning....aw hell ...you guys know who you are!! you share with the group, mucho knowledge! & products to boot!!
thanks guys...for playing fair.
hear, hear 8)

any seller who can hang with this motley crew deserves our business, ubetcha! :D

Back