buying an motor from ebay

gabe11501

Local time
2:00 AM
so my father ends up buying the 80 cc engine kit from ebay...i put everything togeather and everything worked fine..now it just doesnt start..it has spark and compresion..should i get a racing carb?

Not too often do these things start up right away unless you had small engine experience. I am sure folks here will help get it going. When you release the clutch does the motor turn over? Also remove the wiring for the kill switch if you haven't done so.

a new motor is dry inside & can suck up a lot of fuel/oil before it finally starts

i had the motor running great but i just stoped working lol..maybe i blew the bearings inside???lol

i am going to remove the kill switch..

The motor seems to be having alot of gas running through it because the spark plug has tons of gas on it.

yes the motor turns over .as i pedal its like it wants to run but it just doesnt..

i was thinking at first maybe these cheap carbs suck .but i see so many people with them lol..

Yeah, the carb is simple but does the job. I suspect that it is either improper or dislocated wiring (they do fall out, i have to tape mine...) or the kill switch. Let us know what happens.

so my father ends up buying the 80 cc engine kit from ebay...i put everything togeather and everything worked fine..now it just doesnt start..it has spark and compresion..should i get a racing carb?

of course you should!!!! a racing carb will fix everything and let you blow corvettes and mustangs away every time you touch the throttle...

thats being sarcastic, if you cannot tell.

save your money, try dismantling the carb you have and learning something.

sounds like one of two things happening...

the needle valve in the float bowl has gunk in it, and isnt closing properly.

or, the jets come loose.

there could be other issues, but for now, with what info you have given us, assume its one of those things.

you could just rip the carb off, pour a bit of fuel down the intake, attempt to start it... and if it doesnt start, you know that the carb is fine, its something else being annoying instead. which could be anything from a lousy plug to a popped crank seal...

you have to look at them as three separate systems, and tick each one off the list systematically. starting with the carb/fuelling.

its starts a little bit and shuts off while in still pedaling..i checked the carb fully did a cleaning even though it wasn't dirty..the float ,jet needle..i have experience in this field i mean i had so many gopeds ,,,pocket bike gokarts,,..im finishing up my chopper bike... at this point i really think i poped the crank bearing out because i did run it hard...so my next step is to do a fully inspection on the motor inside..i will probably port it ..make a legit muffler and buy a racing carbb..i really want to make this a nice bike for my father after all i am using his garge lol...

Not too often do these things start up right away unless you had small engine experience. I am sure folks here will help get it going. When you release the clutch does the motor turn over? Also remove the wiring for the kill switch if you haven't done so.

i am taking a kill switch off ..makes no sense for a kill switch..

the motor was running fine then the next day it doesn't want to start ..hmm that just doesnt make sense??

Back