Buying my first 4 stroke

pwd847

Local time
5:00 AM
I had a 2 stroke awhile ago, and I like the idea of not having to mess with a clutch. So I bought a beach cruiser and now am ready to buy the engine. What are the differences between the $180 kits on Ebay and these BikeBerry kits ($350)? I figured I would just buy the cheapest one, but now I wonder if that is not a good idea. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ebay

BikeBerry

Also this Ebay one looks like it has a belt drive. I hear that is supposed to be a good thing?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I dont know about others but bikeberry/bikedeals aka same person doesn't know there head from a hole in the ground and in my opinion should stay far away

Belt drive is good yes and nothing stops you from upgrading it later or sooner

Last edited:
There are auto clutches for 2 stroke engines tho
Yeah but the vibrations on the 2 stroke were rough as well. I just want to try something different.

So do you guys think that Ebay kit should be ok?

Also I need to bring the top speed down. I think the kits come with a 44 tooth sprocket. What would the speed look like with a 56 tooth sprocket? Additionally, I don't want to rip my bike apart with torque either.

Yeah but the vibrations on the 2 stroke were rough as well. I just want to try something different.

So do you guys think that Ebay kit should be ok?

Also I need to bring the top speed down. I think the kits come with a 44 tooth sprocket. What would the speed look like with a 56 tooth sprocket? Additionally, I don't want to rip my bike apart with torque either.

I got the Ebay kit on my bike with a 44tooth, top speed 30,35mph works real good

PWD, the motor with no sticker and red housing is likely a knockoff of a knockoff from what I've heard. The huasheng with black housing is name branded I suppose (still Chinese). Even though the ebay 4 strokes can run for quite a while might be a better idea to get the huasheng. Either motor will last more miles than the 2 stroke if you take care of it. Get an NGK plug perhaps one for the Honda GXH-50 would work. 56 tooth would probably be good at reducing speed but will give some hill climbing power too. Key isn't to over rev these because these suckers can run pretty high rpm. The chains aren't the best but you could use a d.i.d or dirtbike chain. I've used Regina chain and the pins and plates are hard AF will take a long time to wear it out and about as cheap as a new Chinese chain.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Not too bad of a kit. My 79cc motor just isn't panning out maybe that would look good on my cruiser instead. I think staton sells good quality clutch bells if that gold-brass plated thing breaks.

2 teeth = ~1.5 mph top speed. knock off of a knock off, hmm. i say give it a try. bikeberry and lesser extent gasbike charge a huge premium. i'd give it a try. you might need the wider cranks that are provided. not too hard to do, but u will lose the pedal crank cogs.