Buying my first 4 stroke

Check out SickBikeParts, they have some nice (and fairly cheap) sealed bearing bottom bracket cartridges and chainrings.
Mbrebel is a great company to deal with, but that is the same cheap bottom bracket setup as found everywhere else. The cranks bend if you stand on them, the pin that locks the chainring on is made of butter and strips so easy and then mine finally gave its ghost when the spindle snapped off where the chainring attaches.
It'll cost a little more to initially buy all the parts, but it pays for itself over time.

Last edited:
I also recommend the SBP bottom bracket cartridges. I run the 206MM (for 4-stroke shift kit) and it's held up for over 8 years now.

With my weight (210-215) and pedal power, been through my share of bottom bracket troubles with lesser setups.

How tight is this aluminum rear sprocket adapter supposed to be? I tried to hand tighten it today just to make sure it would fit, and I cant even get the threads to catch on the bottom piece. Seems to be a bit small. I ordered the 1.5" one.

uhohs,, they fit snug. it may be cheaper to swap out your wheel. the bigger adapter is not as common so not many sellers have it . return might not be possible.
I actually bored mine out 1/8" on the lathe after I changed wheels.

Nevermind it fits. I was just all hung up on final exams and obviously had my head in the clouds. Whew!

Last edited:
I bought the MBRebel crankset. Cost almost as much as the bike, but the deal is done. Should I paint the whole axle, or tape off the part where the sprocket will go? I figure since I bought this: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?pub=5575011316&toolid=10001&campid=5337183926&customid=&mpt=5681280&mpre=https://www.ebay.com/itm/Regina-415-x-110-Links-RH2-Series-Non-Oring-Gold-Drive-Chain/223094791769?epid=1022829017&hash=item33f17c5e59:g:YDwAAOSwQXxcfzFY

I can use the Chinese chain on my crank. Nevermind, the regular chain seems to fit just fine.

For now I'll use the stock setup, but what would be a good carb replacement? Is that something I should do? I've read online that will allow the engine to perform more efficiently, but I don't know a whole lot about carbs. My truck was fuel injection.

Since I have lot's of non-4 stroke related questions(not counting the carb replacement), I'll start a new thread in the general forum. Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is this drive sprocket supposed to be this close to the airbox?

Additionally, should this have so much resistance when spinning?

Last edited: