Buying new Hall sensors

B

Blaze

This is more or less the same info I posted the parts forum.

If your brushless dc hub motor has a bad Hall sensor, you can order one from Digikey.com, p/n 480-1999-ND (Honeywell p/n SS41). About $2 per sensor, $5 handling, and $2 shipping via USPS. You can order online and they ship quickly.

I have several on order. I will post back soon to document the replacement. It looks like I will be chipping the sensor out of it's little notch. Removal of the sensor will no doubt be in pieces. I might use superglue or something to install the new one, unless I have some epoxy lying around.

The Hall sensor I ordered worked great. I replaced the bad one and now everything is running like new again. You can find photos of the replacement under the topic "Brushless hub experiment: advanced Hall sensor timing" in this same Electric Avenue forum.

Hall Sensors in stock

Hey Blaze. Don Grube came through. i just received express mail from China. Hall Sensors!! These electric engine kits are really great. Unfortunate about your motor spinning loose as a $10 whore. These replacement parts are only good for Spooky Tooth Cycles 36 volt and 48 volt hub motors.

Cool. Glad to hear you have hall sensors in stock now.

I also see you are selling 2-stroke kits again. Congratulations on getting your product back out there! I will send people your way when they ask where they can get these bikes. We don't have anybody who sells them locally in Orange County, CA.

Back