buzbikebklyn1 ??? Any info?

oneninesixnine

Local time
4:45 AM
:D I very recently bought and paid for an order from buzbikebklyn1 (Tom / Thomas Miano / Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York / 1461 Shore Parkway; Brooklyn, NY 11214). Now, I'm blocked from being able to send "buzbikebklyn1" private messages and am obviously concerned. Has anyone had any business dealings with "buzbikebklyn1"? What was your experience? Tom: If you are reading this, please forgive any offence. I just simply don't understand why I'm now blocked from being able to send you private messages. As requested, I've trusted you. Please send the order quickly and message me with the carrier, tracking # and so on. Thankyou. -1969 (Ron)

Pm / 9-21-11

FW: GT5R

Ronald-My name is Tom, from Brooklyn NY. My business partner and I co own a private custom bicycle shop here in NYC. WE BUILD BIKES. We build custom made bikes for the discriminating rider and enthusiast. We build bikes for a profit.

Id liketo start offby saying I nevermessaged you,I posted a response, if you wanted to do this privatelyin PM you should have contactedme in PM.

The facilities,time and resourcesrequired to fabricate a bike, engine, drive system, exhaust system,gas tank and all the small detail partsof a bike and enginethiscaliber are not negligible...

I do not appreciate you minimizing that effort.

In fact, its taken us both over 20 years of savings, working hard at other jobs, learning our craft, and then "retiring" to open this shop. I cant keep it open by NOT making a profit.

The changesin priceyou mention were made after posting... because my partner saw it and freaked out... Insisting I charge more for it-Mind you, these are my own personal parts, they do not belong to the shop. As a friend he insisted I charge more for it.

Those final prices reflect the cost of the parts yes, but no were NEAR the cost of labor that was required to actually build it. Its took me about 3 months of steady work, after hours, on my own time, after being at my bench and stand for 12 hours a day, to massage and modifie that engine for power and reliability. My blood IS actually, litterly in that engine Even at our discount labor rate-(for NYC, at this time) of $35.00 hour, I did not want to figure out what the time cost, but for the sake of this exercise I did.

Lets say, 3hrs per night, for 5 nights=15hrs X 3 weeks=45 hrs. 45 hrs X $35.00 per hour=$1,575.00, equals dollars in labor costs alone. So please, don't ask me to "give you a break", Your already getting a huge one. Hmmmm, maybe I should have asked for more...Oh well...

All thehard work hasbeendone for you. All you haveto do isbolt itin,plumbitforfuel, wireit, run itscables, mount the exhaust system and go.

I'm not marking the engine or parts as sold as SOLD until we have a deal.

I have to get at least the cost of the parts I put into the project.

I also stillhavethemodified, 415 cog and chain, Sick bike parts Heavy duty shift kit, set up as a custom 5 speed, on a 10 speed Shimano XT rear hub, the crank and custom made stainless steel "beauty ring" chain ring cover that covers the ugly Sick Bike Parts chain rings this engine was bolted on to. Its a 5 speed so I could use a thicker chain and thicker Kings gears... I used only grade 8 black oxide coated bolts nyloc nuts in its construction and mounting hard ware.

Thisbike was built for torque, not top speed, but with this shift kit it will do 45 mph with a 250lb rider in the saddle. It will acceleratesohard you'll be popping wheelies and beating cars off the line.

The gas tank is made of 4" copper water pipe and two 4" copper caps with all brass fittings, its got a 4 bolt rubber rack mount, it can be mounted on any sturdy rack if you can drill 4 holes. A custom made vented brass gascap, and a brass SPB gas 1/4" valve for free fuel flow flow at high RPM. It holds a little more than 1/2 US gallon. If my calculationsaboutthisbeasts fuel consumption are correct, that gives you between 50 and 90 milesin range depending on how throttle happy you are, the terrain, wind and weight carried.

I will safelyGUARANTEEthatyou will NEVER see "one just like it". I'm very serious about this "hobby" for us? its our lives, our business, our art, its what we do.

The price standsat$450.00 + shipping.

The price of the Shift kit/drivetrain is $350.00 + shipping.

Think about it, it was built as a total system, all the thinking, planing, time, trouble and work has been done for you, if you can use basic tools and aren't a moron you could have her together and running in just a few hours, providing you use the same kind of frame I did.

It would be a shame to bolt this into some crappy $150.00 steel beach cruiser. I'd be happy to walk you through the installation.

If you do buy the entire package, I will even throw in theSPBoversized frontengine mount for free. (nyloc nuts, stainless steel U bolt)

I would appreciate it if you don't buy to have the decency and discretion to not mention any prices we have disgust.

There you have it, I've been as open and honest with you as i can be.

Please re contact me here if your still interested. If not? Good luck to you anyway-Keep it shiny side up, knees in the breeze-Neverlet anyone rag on you for riding a moto bike. BBB

Pm / 9-21-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: Please forgiveme. I've insulted you. I'm new to this motor biking world and have not learned proper manners. I have not learned the value of parts, laborand time invested. We have a deal. GT5R engineplusboththrough-insfor $450 plus shipping (How much will the shipping be?). I would love to get the shift kittoobut,just can't swing it right now. Maybe later if you still have it. I will saynothing about price / cost / paid / dealsor anything no matterwhat happens. I will makeNO adjustments to your work. I don't want to waste the time you put into it. The bike I have is the only bike I have. It's a Univega Alpina 501. It has ape hanger handle bars, an air horn with refillable canister and 26"/2.2 Bontrager street slick tires. I bought a new front rim (and Fox helmet) because I got in an accident with a car (2nd time sinse may 1st). The frame is purple of which I thought was hideous when I first got the bike. Now it has grown on me. The purple color looks good with the other black partson it. Although I am an appliance repair technician, I'm not knowledgeableaboutthis area of motorized bicycles YET. I havea friendwho'sreallyinto thisand hewill help me install it correctly. He has his bikes all tricked out and races them. My old motor is a Raw 66cc/80cc. Maybe I can use some of its wiring and so on to help in the installation of the GT5R unless this isn't a good idea. Please remove it from the market. I am very serious. Please reply. You should already have my phone number and e-mail address or you can reply on this forum. -1969 (Ron /951-550-7657 / beyer.ronald@ymail.com / Hemet, CA 92544)

Hi Ron, No insult taken, i know newbies have no clueasto what makesthisfinicylittle engine purr. I'm sorry, but that engine and its throw in's were sold this afternoon to one of my regular customers who saw it sitting on the shelf, asked me if that was my GT5R project and had to have the full system. As I said this is a business for us and I just couldn't turn down the price he offered.($1000.00plus installation) Do not despair, I happen to have 5, GT5R un modified full kits in stock.(none of my trick parts) $350.00 + shipping. As you know these engines are no longer available. I had theforesight to placea large order and so I think im the only source for whats left of the infamous GT5R, ill do the right thing by you, ill swap out the trouble prone CNS carb that comes with it and give you a new NT carb. I just happen to have 1 Morini S6-T engine that would be perfect for a beginner. Please feel free to ask your friend about this engine, its a lower hp version of the S6-s but has way better longevity than a china girl. $600.00 + shipping Sorry about that, but its getting near the end of the riding season here and my customers are flipping out a bit. Hit me up in pm and ill do you a deal on a complete kit. I really should thank you, because of your intrest, suddenly every body wants a GT5R, i couldn't givethem awaythispast summer,go figure. BBB

Pm / 9-23-11

: Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: I didn't hear from you last night. I hope everything is alright. I'd like to keep the GT5R kit complete / intact. I'd like the NT carb too. Can we do that and keep the price at $350 + shipping? If not, how much extra would it cost? How much will shipping be? I'll have the money this weekend. Please reply. I'm starting to worry. Don't disappear on me. - Ron

Quote: Originally Postedby oneninesixnine May I please keep the original CNS carb too? Please. -Ron

Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Tom: I'll take the GT5R and replacement NT carb for $350.00 + shipping.I'd loveto getthe Morini but, just can't afford it. My friend called Morini the "Rolls-Royce" of bike engines. Let me know total cost and how to proceed. Thank-you for having the GT5R for me as I couldn't find it anywhere else. -1969 (Ron / 951-550-7657 / beyer.ronald@ymail.com /Hemet, CA 92544)

Sorry Ron, im having a bit of trouble with my computer, i've saved you a kit, chill out. im going to call you shortyly with the info... thank you for you paitence and cooperation. youll have your gt5r asap. BBB

Pm / 9-26-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine

Quote: Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: What's up, dude? I hope it's going well. I wanted to let you know that I've gathered up $400.00. Is it possible to get the new GT5R kit (complete - with CNS carb), new NT carb and pay for shipping for $400.00? If not, what will the difference be? I know you said to chill out and that you've set aside a kit for me. Please pardon me but, I need this order yesterday. It's urgent. The motorized bike is literally my car and I'm broke down. I look forward to hearing back from you hopefully very soon. -Ron / 951-550-7657 / beyer.ronald@ymail.com

Hang in there Ron. I'm having a serious computer melt down....Hence I'm not able to get at my paypal account. And Nicetry, but you get ONE Carb, the NT or the CNS, not both, the CNS retails for $40.00, it comes with the GT5R kit. The NT carb came out of my stock and it costs an additional $25.00

Suddenly every one wants there bikes yesterday...since there are only the 2 of us working its been kinda hectic.

$400.00 for the CNS carbed kit will be fine. As soon as I can get back online at the shop, ill contact you, hopefully today 9/26/11. thank you. FR

Pm / 9-26-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Quote: Originally Postedby buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine

Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Tom: What's up, dude? I hope it's going well. I wanted to let you know that I've gathered up $400.00. Is it possible to get the new GT5R kit (complete - with CNS carb), new NT carb and pay for shipping for $400.00? If not, what will the difference be? I know you said to chill out and that you've set aside a kit for me. Please pardon me but, I need this order yesterday. It's urgent. The motorized bike is literally my car and I'm broke down. I look forward to hearing back from you hopefully very soon. -Ron /951-550-7657 / beyer.ronald@ymail.com

Hang in there Ron. I'm having a serious computer melt down....Hence I'm not able to get at my paypal account. And Nicetry, but you get ONE Carb, the NT or the CNS, not both, the CNS retails for $40.00, it comes with the GT5R kit. The NT carb came out of my stock and it costs an additional $25.00

Suddenly every one wants there bikes yesterday...since there are only the 2 of us working its been kinda hectic.

$400.00 for the CNS carbed kit will be fine. As soon as I can get back online at the shop, ill contact you, hopefully today 9/26/11. thank you. FR

Tom: You said $400.00 for the complete GT5R kit (with CNS carb). I hope this includes shipping. Please let me know. The complete GT5R kit with extra NT carb will total $425.00 (including shipping)? Again,pleaselet me know.I hope I'm not irritating you with the cost details. I want to be sure we are on the same page and that there is no misunderstanding. I sure hope you get the PC issues resolvedsoon... Thankyou. - Ron

Ron, Ok final costs,alltold-$400.00 for the GT5R with a CVS carb including shipping. Add $25.00 if you want the additional NT carb. (no extra cost for shipping)

I'm having a bit of trouble with PayPal at the moment because of my computer problems.

The options are you wait until I've gotten this fixed with PayPal and my internet provider-OR You express mail me a U.S. postal money order for the kit and I ship it out that day. Thisentireproblem hasmy shop in anuproar, and its driving me nuts. At the moment im on a borrowed lap top and I don't have access to any of the business accounts. I'm sorry for the delay. My phone # is 718-954-5622, call me after 8pm EST and we will work this out. Again, sorry about the delay. BBB

Pm / 9-26-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: I suddenly find myself $45.00 short having only $380.00. I will have this problem resolvedwithin the week. Please keep my order set aside. I hope a "Money Gram" money order will be alright. Please let me know. I'm sticking my neck out in trust. My gut tells me you're on the up and up and are ligit. Does your business have a web site? Please let me know. Talk to you REAL soon. -Ron

Quote: Originally Postedby buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Quote: Originally Posted by buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine

Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Tom: What's up, dude? I hope it's going well. I wanted to let you know that I've gathered up $400.00. Is it possible to get the new GT5R kit (complete - with CNS carb), new NT carb and pay for shipping for $400.00? If not, what will the differencebe? I know you said to chill out and that you've set aside a kit for me. Please pardon me but, I need this order yesterday. It's urgent. The motorized bike is literally my car and I'm broke down. I look forward to hearing back from you hopefully very soon. -Ron / 951-550-7657 /beyer.ronald@ymail.com

Hang in there Ron. I'm having a serious computer melt down....Hence I'm not able to get at my paypal account. And Nice try, but you get ONE Carb, the NT or the CNS, not both, the CNS retails for $40.00, it comes with the GT5R kit. The NT carb came out of my stock and it costs an additional $25.00

Tom: You said $400.00 for the complete GT5R kit (with CNS carb). I hope this includes shipping. Please let me know. The complete GT5R kitwith extra NT carb will total $425.00 (including shipping)? Again,pleaselet me know.I hopeI'm not irritating you with the cost details. I want to be sure we are on the same page and that there is no misunderstanding. I sure hope you get the PC issues resolved soon... Thankyou. -Ron

Ron, Ok final costs,alltold-$400.00 for the GT5R with a CVS carb including shipping. Add $25.00 if you want the additional NT carb. (no extra cost for shipping)

I'm having a bit of trouble with PayPal at the moment because of my computer problems.

The options are you wait until I've gotten this fixed with PayPal and my internet provider-OR You express mail me a U.S. postal money order for the kit and I ship it out that day. Thisentireproblem hasmy shop in anuproar, and its driving me nuts. At the moment im on a borrowed lap top and I don't have access to any of the business accounts. I'm sorry for the delay. My phone # is 718-954-5622, call me after 8pm EST and we will work this out. Again, sorry about the delay. BBB

LOL Ron... at the moment im using a 6 year old lap top to answer you... I might as well be beating on drums...

A web site would be nice, wouldnt it? If I can get my web headed partner off his fat ***-(no really, he uses an old lady, fat***,doublesprung, doublewide,tractorseat)and build us one. I'm not the most computer savvy guy on earth, heck, im lucky i don't crash the dam thing more often.

Thanksfor the vote of trust, I'd never screw over another biker, its just bad karma, I need all the good luck I can get. Ever try dodging NYC taxi cabs, on a heavy, friction drive 34cc honda 4 stroke with wet rim brakes? I never tempt fate.

So sure, no worry's, ill hold it for you till next week because you were so understanding about my little computer melt down. Everyone's gone ape **** all of a sudden because the riding seasons so short here, everyone wants there bikes yesterday.

You are correct, its $400.00 with shipping for the kit.

Thanks FR

Pm / 9-28-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: (Is it Tom or FR?) It is Wednesday evening, 9/28/11. I'm still holding strong at $380.00 (I refuse to touch a penny of it, until I get that engine.). I WILL have the remaining $45.00 this weekend. We agreed on a total of $425.00forthenew and complete Grubee Skyhawk GT5R Super Rat Kit and new NT carb. We also agreed that this price includes shipping. I'm writing you to keep you from wondering... Please, keep my order set aside. - Ron / 951-550-7657 / beyer.ronald@ymail.com / Hemet, CA 92544

Quote: Originally Postedby buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Tom: I suddenly find myself $45.00 short having only $380.00. I will have this problem resolved within the week. Please keep my order set aside. I hope a "Money Gram" money order will be alright. Please let me know. I'm stickingmy neckout in trust. My gut tells me you're on the up and up and are ligit. Does your business have a web site? Please let me know. Talk to you REAL soon. -Ron

Quote: Originally Posted by buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Quote: Originally Posted by buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine

Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Tom: What's up, dude? I hope it's going well. I wanted to let you know that I've gathered up $400.00. Is it possible to get the new GT5R kit (complete - with CNS carb), new NT carb and pay for shipping for $400.00? If not, what will the differencebe? I know you said to chill out and that you've set aside a kit for me. Please pardon me but, I need this order yesterday. It's urgent. The motorized bike is literally my car and I'm broke down. I look forward to hearing back from you hopefully very soon. -Ron / 951-550-7657 /beyer.ronald@ymail.com

$400.00 for the CNS carbed kit will be fine. As soon as I can get back online at the shop, ill contactyou, hopefully today 9/26/11. thank you. FR

Tom: You said $400.00 for the complete GT5R kit (with CNS carb). I hope this includes shipping. Please let me know. The complete GT5R kit with extra NT carb will total $425.00 (including shipping)? Again,pleaselet me know. I hope I'm not irritating you with the cost details. I want to be sure we are on the same page and that there is no misunderstanding. I sure hope you get the PC issues resolved soon... Thankyou. - Ron

Ron, Ok final costs, all told-$400.00 for the GT5R with a CVS carb including shipping. Add $25.00 if you want the additional NT carb. (no extra cost for shipping)

The options are you wait until I've gotten this fixed with PayPal and my internet provider-OR You express mailme a U.S. postalmoney order forthekit and I ship it out that day. Thisentire problem has my shop in an uproar, and its driving me nuts. At the moment im on a borrowed lap top and I don't have access to any of the business accounts. I'm sorry for the delay. My phone # is 718-954-5622, call me after 8pm EST and we will work thisout. Again, sorry about the delay. BBB

LOL Ron... at the moment im using a 6 year old lap top to answer you... I might as well be beating on drums...

A web site would be nice, wouldnt it? If I can get my web headed partner off his fat ***-(no really, he uses an old lady, fat***,doublesprung, doublewide,tractor seat) and build us one. I'm not the most computer savvy guy on earth, heck, im lucky i don't crash the dam thing more often.

Thanksfor the vote of trust, I'd never screw over another biker, its just bad karma, I need all the good luck I can get. Ever try dodging NYC taxi cabs, on a heavy, friction drive 34cc honda 4 stroke with wet rim brakes? I never tempt fate.

So sure, no worry's, ill hold it for you till next week because you were so understanding about my little computer melt down. Everyone's gone ape **** all of a sudden because the riding seasons so short here, everyone wants there bikes yesterday.

Thanks FR

Lol, Ron... I got confused between the forums and this lap top aint helping any. I stillhaveyour kit and extra carb. (dont sweat the carb, i have a milk box full of them) Once i say yes to a deal i don't renege just because some one offers me a little more for it. If i did that i wouldn't keep customers long. Its waiting for you when your ready. I wont sell it to anyone else unless you cant buy it with in another 2 weeks, i know how it feels to scrimp for part money. PayPal sucks! Tom

Pm / 9-28-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: (Is it Tom or FR?) It is Wednesday evening, 9/28/11. I'm still holding strong at $380.00 (I refuse to touch a penny of it, until I get that engine.). I WILL have the remaining $45.00 this weekend. We agreed on a total of $425.00forthenew and complete Grubee Skyhawk GT5R Super Rat Kit and new NT carb. We also agreed that this price includes shipping. I'm writing you to keep you from wondering... Please, keep my order set aside. - Ron / 951-550-7657 / beyer.ronald@ymail.com / Hemet, CA 92544

Quote: Originally Postedby buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Tom: I suddenly find myself $45.00 short having only $380.00. I will have this problem resolved within the week. Please keep my order set aside. I hope a "Money Gram" money order will be alright. Please let me know. I'm stickingmy neckout in trust. My gut tells me you're on the up and up and are ligit. Does your business have a web site? Please let me know. Talk to you REAL soon. -Ron

Quote: Originally Posted by buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine Quote: Originally Posted by buzbikebklyn1 Quote: Originally Posted by oneninesixnine

$400.00 for the CNS carbed kit will be fine. As soon as I can get back online at the shop, ill contactyou, hopefully today 9/26/11. thank you. FR

Tom: You said $400.00 for the complete GT5R kit (with CNS carb). I hope this includes shipping. Please let me know. The complete GT5R kit with extra NT carb will total $425.00 (including shipping)? Again,pleaselet me know. I hope I'm not irritating you with the cost details. I want to be sure we are on the same page and that there is no misunderstanding. I sure hope you get the PC issues resolved soon... Thankyou. - Ron

Ron, Ok final costs, all told-$400.00 for the GT5R with a CVS carb including shipping. Add $25.00 if you want the additional NT carb. (no extra cost for shipping)

The options are you wait until I've gotten this fixed with PayPal and my internet provider-OR You express mailme a U.S. postalmoney order forthekit and I ship it out that day. Thisentire problem has my shop in an uproar, and its driving me nuts. At the moment im on a borrowed lap top and I don't have access to any of the business accounts. I'm sorry for the delay. My phone # is 718-954-5622, call me after 8pm EST and we will work thisout. Again, sorry about the delay. BBB

A web site would be nice, wouldnt it? If I can get my web headed partner off his fat ***-(no really, he uses an old lady, fat***,doublesprung, doublewide,tractor seat) and build us one. I'm not the most computer savvy guy on earth, heck, im lucky i don't crash the dam thing more often.

Thanks FR

Lol Ron, i got confused between the bike forums, this ancient lap top aint helping any. I stillhaveit, its waiting for you, ill hold it for another week if need be. I know how it feels to scrounge and scrimp for part money PAY PAL SUCKS! Tom

Pm / 9-29-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: I need you to please send me your full business name, full

"attention to" name and complete address. I'm wanting to have this "Money Gram" money order sent out today (I hope) overnight certified mail. If I understand correctly,the money order will be $400.00 for complete and new Grubee Skyhawk GT5R Super Rat Kit, new NT Carb at no extra charge (Thanks to your generosity.) and includes shipping in the total cost of $400.00. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Do I make the money order out to the business name or the attention to name? Remember, I'm trusting you! Please reply as soon as possible. I woke up REAL early this morning thinking of finally getting this order. I'M SO CLOSE!!! Thankyou. - Ron / 951-550-7657 /beyer.ronald@ymail.com[email] / Hemet, CA 92544

Ok, here's the skinny Ron, We are Alpha Bikes, we work out of a small rented garagethatbelongsto my partners mom because we just couldn't afford a regular store front. We servicemostly thebike messenger crowd, delivery rider and the moto bike crowd (only because the big shops wont) and the true bike affection ado that refuses to give the big shops there business.

Here in NYC, a major corporation called Metro bicycles has taken over the bicycle shop industry, the "mom n pop" bike shop cant compete with metros buying power or its ability to stay open in the off season.

We run down and dirty, we use our cell phones, we had one computer in the shop and it crapped out, we don't have bottomless pockets. I will not apologize for trying to run a small business the way we do. We have no choice. If you dont trust us? fine no biggie, Ill just keep that kit and use it for parts for MY GT5r. If you are still interested, You make out the money gram to me,

Thomas Miano, 1461 Shore Parkway, Brooklyn NY 11214.

I get the money gram, it clears, i ship. Thatsthewaywe do businessnow because PalPal insists that you use one of there accounts (at a slightly higher account fee) to deposit payments into and im having a **** of a time getting my money back from them. (were talking over $10,000.00 here) Thisjust might sink us.

Ill understand If you want to back out, Just let me know one way or the other. No hard feelings.Good luck to you. Tom

Delete t

Pm / 9-30-11

Originally Postedby oneninesixnine Tom: Finally! There's a Western Union money order on its way for $400.00 made payable to Thomas Miano. It's being delivered overnight via the United StatesPostal Service. The Express Mail tracking numberis: EG977342669 US.It will bethere Saturday and the post office said a signature will be required. AT LAST! Now, all I need to do is waitforthe order to get here (hopefully VERY soon). Please let me know when it is shipped, the carrier, the tracking number and so on. Thankyou so much for taking care of me on this. I'll be back up and running in no time. Again, thanks for everything. - Ron

Ok Ron, You got it, as soon as i have the payment in my hand ill ship it out as promised, ill send you the tracking number as soon as i have it. Tom

Back