Buzzbike Upgrade!

The old reduction friction drive has been removed and tossed on a shelf. It was fun, I learned, but its wore out.
20211022_180501.jpg

Stripped bike to its bearings, cleaned, lubed, new driveline chain and cassette 11-32 / 7 with long cage derailleur, trigger shifter. Dumped front derailleur.
Stole hookworms from wife's bike.
🙄
20211020_175150.jpg

Added BBR 48cc.
20211102_172533.jpg

And that's my stopping point. There's no way in hell a chain will line up w/o power idlers. Kinda knew that anyway....

Course, now I whine, pout, wife says I can get a shift kit for xmas.
🤣😂

Hope I got everything right, I watched a video b4 installing those circlips, one for the clutch too.

Was planning to break it in on a trainer stand, but as I can't run chain it has to wait.

Do I need a load on the engine for break-in? I have a pull-start I haven't installed yet.

I might also ask, with an 11-32 cassette, do I need anything different from the standard SBP kit sprockets?

I do have hills. 30 degree hills. Buzzbike went up - once. Me pushing for a mile good god what a screw-up.

Trike with a Bafang 750W drive, SRAM DualDrive 3spd hub 12-28 cluster 20in wheels, climbs it like a bulldozer. I'd fall over trying that with a bike, I'd have to move a bit faster.

That hill calls me.
I want to rip up that hill.

Maybe I shoulda got an 80cc?
(but that's not legal...)

View attachment 166829
I finally added the pipe. I had to cut out a bend to fit it to the mtn bike. Made a sleeve wrap of shim material inside a 7/8 tube section split with a dremel and clamped for now, I'll go back and weld it later. Hey, it sealed, its rigid. I may just make a prettier coupler.

I like it. Got some growl to it, and more hill grunt, every little piece helps.
Today I found old trails, abandoned properties, one place looked like a Walking Dead set.
View attachment 166852
View attachment 166854

View attachment 166853

If I wanted to go mudding I coulda went a lot further but not on Hookworms. They not mud friendly. Honestly I'm not either so there's that.

Pwrformance-wise, I'm thinking drop my front chainring from 36 to 32, and locking out shifting 6-7 on rear puts it in a sweet spot.

I hit the wall upper 20s in any of the higher gears, and WTF going over 30 on a mtn bike just crazy talk, wheelbase is too short-coupled steering too tall, and I make a big splat when OTB.

Ya know I was only planning to test this engine on this bike then move it to a recumbent but after 100 miles on this thing, I can't get time to waste building it, and now wondering if I even wanna. I like this go anywhere stuff.
You build one, then you build 20 more. Just because you didn't want to tear apart the one you just built to make another one. Soon you become like me. Old, with no friends only customers, working in the shop night and day on strange projects to help your never ending plan to take over the world.

You build one, then you build 20 more. Just because you didn't want to tear apart the one you just built to make another one. Soon you become like me. Old, with no friends only customers, working in the shop night and day on strange projects to help your never ending plan to take over the world.
Yeah, it’s starting already. I want a bike with knobbies for the woods, one with street tread, a recliner one, and an electric upright to use my trike batteries.

Maybe a hub drive with a china girl in the frame.

Can’t have it all damn.
My shed’s already full, two e-trikes, a motorbike. and a long-frame still in construction.

I need another shed I guess.

Yeah, it’s starting already. I want a bike with knobbies for the woods, one with street tread, a recliner one, and an electric upright to use my trike batteries.

Maybe a hub drive with a china girl in the frame.

Can’t have it all damn.
My shed’s already full, two e-trikes, a motorbike. and a long-frame still in construction.

I need another shed I guess.
Time to start filling the basement and kids rooms. Sell the kids to the Chinese for engines.

Back