Calif Air Resources Board (CARB) "no bicycle engines allowed"

InfoCentral

Local time
12:30 PM
I have been wanting to build a couple of motorized bicycles here in California but I have been told that CARB has outlawed all of them. Almost all online stores that sell kits say they can't ship to California anymore. Does anyone have any more information on this? :eek:

I found 1 on ebay

This guy will ship to CA but it's not the best kit

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I believe tanakas are carb certed, dunno about the mits. Honda 35 is, soobie35s are too. Honda 35 is the cheapest out of the bunch unless theres another tanaka firesale.

For full disclosure it might be noted that both the fed and state environmental agencies have engine designations for on-road and off-road use. Any of the small, utility engines that have EPA and CARBII certs are certified for off-road use only. Make of that what you will.

CARB officials are all unelected environmental whack jobs. ;) Just so you know. How they can make any laws or tell others what to do seems to go against the constitution of the US and probably California but then again I am not super knowledgeable on the laws so maybe others can weigh in.

Never seems fair darwin...the bad people always winning out in Cali.

Back