Official California Motorbikes Reviews

Please rate your experience with California Motorbikes (You MUST post a review also)

• Total voters

10aCebikes

I ordered my motors on December the 10th the clerk told me they forgot to ship. Received the motors on December 23rd. I am pleased with the look of new motors it's the first time 10aCebikes has used their motors so stay tuned for update. Overall very happy with these motors great looking product.
Carol Sutton / Jody Bennett II
Owners of 10aCebikes

MrGenie

I bought their 80cc engine kit with bike. If I realized the bike was shipped separately from the huffy factory I would have saved some time and went to Walmart and bought the same bike preassembled.
I had to modify the coaster brake arm in order to fit around the 44 tooth gear for the engine chain, and the bike eventually fell apart. (NOT the fault of the engine seller).
The engine went on to be attached to 2 other bikes and never had any issues with the engine. It was still running when I gave it away about a year later. The exhaust vibrated loose several times, but some thread lock probably would have prevented that.
Overall I was pretty happy with the experience.
Oh, I had to replace the electronics twice when I got caught in unexpected torrential Texas downpours, but I blame myself for that.
By the way, don't use 700c (or whatever they are called. "Hybrid" bike style) wheels. The warp VERY quickly.

Attachments

Frankenstein

Are you sure it's not the huffy wheel that's warping rather than the size that's an issue. Not saying larger wheels aren't more prone to warping but I've built on 29ers before with a rag joint and hadn't developed a problem with warps.

If you can help it don't buy an entire bike online unless you are really getting a deal AFTER shipping.

MrGenie

I rode the huffy until the coaster brake (which I had to modify in order to get clearance from the bolt on 44 tooth gear) came loose from the frame, spun around and bent the mounting bracket the wheel bolts into. Then I put it on a 700c Roadmaster something or other and the rear wheel would warp after 2 or 3 trips to work (about 90 miles) and I would need to take the wheel off and adjust the spokes and get it round again. Got tired of doing that and bought a 29" Roadmaster mountain bike and a cheapo Walmart kid trailer and set of on a long road trip. Day 3 I broke enough spokes the wheel collapsed, got a ride to a bike repair shop and had him rebuild the wheel with 12 guage stainless steel spokes. Snapped em the next day.
Traded the bike to a very kind hippy in Texas who let me recover from the wreck at his house for a few days and gave me a ride (like 120 miles) to the closest greyhound to get home on.

P

professorghost

I was thinking about ordering, because of the one piece balanced crankshaft,
read the reviews on their site, which seemed to be Chinese to English translations. Which, is why I searched for other reviews, unlike most sites they don't have any "ad reviewer rating" which makes me think even more those site reviews they have are the owners own comments, especially since the same wording is used to describe the superiority of their product. lmao. so WHO should I buy a kit from ? please help....

K

KenM.

I have had my bike with their motor on it for a year and half now.
Over 1,500 miles on it . And is still working good.
But I am an Old Dude (65) so I do not run it real hard!
Hope this helps! Ken. Keep looking up!

KenM

My kit is Two years old now! Have over 1,800 miles on in ! Still running good.

I would never of thought that this Chinese stuff would last this long.

Here's to another Two years!
Happy New Year Everybody !
Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

B

Bullet Blast

I have purchased a couple of kits from them and have had no real issues. My first kit was delivered 4-5 days after i ordered it. I installed it and beat the tar out of that motor for 3500+ miles before a car hit me and tore me and the bike up. My second kit i received 3 days after ordering it. I had right close to 3000 miles on it before a friend borrowed it and totaled my bike by being hit by a chevy Tahoe. Im about to order my 3rd kit from them because i have had no major issues with the kits themselves. Their customer service i can not talk about because i have never really dealt with them personally.

F

Fishin603

Ted size of the engine is 66cc but it is the bore and stroke of 80 which doesn't exist