USA California Motorbikes Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
10:22 PM
Screenshot from 2021-09-22 12-30-19.png

Products: 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Engines, Complete Motorized Bicycles, Spare Parts for Motorized Bicycles
Forum Username: Zane-CaliforniaMotorbikes
Ebay Shop: https://www.ebay.com/str/californiamotorbikesstore
Ebay Account: https://www.ebay.com/usr/zsholding

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I bought a pk80, from californiamotorbikes. It has to be shipped to the eu, do you guys get an email with shipping information ? It has been three buisiness day's and I didn't get a tracking number yet.
I never did till I cancelled the order...I did some complaining around here too about it, it appears, customer service was not a top priority (and apparently is still not) so I moved on got a refund and bought elsewhere.
I hear they are good motors, but whoever is selling these things needs to realize, they are not the only ones selling decent bicycle motor kits.

I've bought from California motorbikes it's a one man show so email is slow but it all came and give it some time about a week to ship

I've bought from California motorbikes it's a one man show so email is slow but it all came and give it some time about a week to ship

I would really wonder about that myself and I will tell you why.

I saw something on his website that I had questions on that I wanted answered before I order it so went to find a phone number...He doesn't provide one and he doesn't take phone calls...Strike One.

He wants you to text him...Well I can tell you that at almost 67 years old, I have never texted in my life and have no intentions of doing so at my age now, I talk to people in person or by phone, email, or snail mail...and I only have a landline phone at home and a "stupid phone" that doesn't send or receive texts...Not everyone uses text...Strike Two.

So what I did was use the device on his website that will send him an Email that he claims he will answer A.S.A.P...That was on May 2nd 2022 with zero reply...Thats Strike Three.

As I see it, If he doesn't take phone calls and doesn't return emails in order to make a sale, what kind of customer service could I expect from him if what I ordered was damaged, not assembled correctly, wrong part or item etc...etc???

If that is how he goes about his business with a very possible first time customer right off the bat, then i would not expect I would be happy to spend what little money I have with him, and as a forum member, I consider it a responsibility to let others know what my experience with CMB has been thus far...It's been zero due to lack of communication...DAMIEN

UPDATE, May 8th, 2023...It is now 4 days short of a full year since I originally posted this...He never bothered replying...I won't ever recommend doing business with him.

UPDATE, May 24th, 2023...A member today also has a problem with CMB which is really proving my point.

Yes I got one of their kits too. Have about 130 miles on it so far and am very happy with it!
The only thing that I was unhappy about was that I never got an email receipt, and no tracking number, when I emailed them about it I got no reply. But I recived the kit in a week or less. So all was good!
I think if I were to get another kit , I would use them again.
I like how this kit has everything you need , and more. It has the gear puller with it, and the wide front engine mount, if you need it. So I am happy with them. Keep looking up! Ken.
I was just looking to try and figure out what’s going on with my order , on the 2nd I ordered the pk 80 with the high compression head and I still have not received a tracking # , I did get a email receipt , and I did contact them and I also got a response that said it’s not shipped yet but soon. It just seemed weird to me because every other motor or bike related thing I’ve ordered was shipped within a day or two . Also where do you live ? I live in Pa and I’m wondering how long until it will come . Thanks -casey

I was just looking to try and figure out what’s going on with my order , on the 2nd I ordered the pk 80 with the high compression head and I still have not received a tracking # , I did get a email receipt , and I did contact them and I also got a response that said it’s not shipped yet but soon. It just seemed weird to me because every other motor or bike related thing I’ve ordered was shipped within a day or two . Also where do you live ? I live in Pa and I’m wondering how long until it will come . Thanks -casey
Just get your money back from the guy, he's a one man show, full if indifference towards a customer.

I don’t mind waiting a couple extra days , but if it ain’t shipped by tomorrow then that’s 5 days since I placed the order that’s a little excessive. Just in case it comes to that what would you recommend as far as another motor and kit goes?

Look at this page...

Then look at this page...

I KNEW I seen that somewhere.

I got my motor from Helio and it came quickly...

FWIW Helio says they formed in 2009 while the other says 2013. You decide.
Wow that’s crazy , literally the same thing. I’m a new builder man , I’ve built one bike so far, a 66cc angle fire bbr motor on a 26in mountain bike. What I’m getting at is this, the things that’s so frustrating is I keep getting mixed reviews no matter what site I check out . I have narrowed it down , to a certain extent because I know a lot of people complain because they lack the mechanical ability to put it together. As for copying another site word for word , I don’t see anything justifiable about that. I just hope I get my motor. Thanks for the info.

Back