USA California Motorbikes Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
12:10 AM
Screenshot from 2021-09-22 12-30-19.png

Products: 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Engines, Complete Motorized Bicycles, Spare Parts for Motorized Bicycles
Forum Username: Zane-CaliforniaMotorbikes
Ebay Shop: https://www.ebay.com/str/californiamotorbikesstore
Ebay Account: https://www.ebay.com/usr/zsholding

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The Amazon kit was OK for me, it wasn't a bad deal for me....I did replace the rag sprocket bolts with some good grade 8s but other than that...it was a decent kit. Now do read the amazon reviews, some folks had some problems....mine was ok, I did remove the cylinder head and inspect every tbing...do oil the cylinder walls before you try to start it, mine was bone
Still if that’s all you had to replace was the bolts for the sprocket that’s a steal. I’ll tell you what their motors are expensive, but I ordered the angle fire from bike berry with the 36 tooth sprocket, and I’m getting around 33 34 mph , all stick with that. Starts right up every time , I’m happy with it , your going to spend 200 a kit at least but the quality for me at least was there for sure. After this ok 80 build I want to do a 20 in micargi build , do you know if you have to make a lot of mods for a two stroke on that ?

Often times I have been on Amazon and seen temporarily out of stock on many items.
I have never seen someone jack the sell price up better than 600% to dissuade anyone from buying.....what kind of f-up logic is that?..what is that old business saying: "Caveat Emptor", (buyer beware!)

I've read the NR80's available on Amazon/Ebay from time to time are worthy little cheapo China Doll motors...

I've read the NR80's available on Amazon/Ebay from time to time are worthy little cheapo China Doll motors...
I don’t need nothing crazy , I’m not trying to exceed 40 mph , especially because I don’t have a license ,but that being said I don’t mind paying for quality as long as it’s not super excessive. Everything I’ve ordered, motor bike related off Amazon has been exactly what I was looking for . Maybe just good luck, but either way. I almost wish I would’ve just ordered a motor from them , I would have a tracking # by now

NR80:

Have been known to be reliable little beasts...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Cool I appreciate it
NR80:

Have been known to be reliable little beasts..
NR80:

Have been known to be reliable little beasts...

Cool, I reached out to the California motor bikes guy and he said he will be able to ship it Monday , that their slammed this week. I’m not super happy about it , but I appreciate the communication. I know a lot of people never even got a response and I’ve got one everytime I reached out, so that atleast tells me they somewhat care about customers. I’ll check that kit out , might just order it for another build since it’s so cheap.

I bought a catnip cdi on ebay in January 2022 for $29 shipped from zholding.
It was delivered as promised and in usual shipping time….a good deal…I was happy with the purchase. I had no idea who I bought this item from but I was happy to get it at that price.

I looked to buy another catnip cdi on ebay from the same vendor, zholding, a month ago. The listing was still up except now instead of being listed for $29 the listing is for $200.

It was and still is listed in stock, more than 10 available, for $200 each.

I understand a business has the right to sell a product at any price they choose…capitalism in America…inflation?

I had to inquire… $29>>>$200… a few months separating the price increase..how can this be correct?

I sent zholding an email asking how he can justify the price increase from $29 to $200 just a few months later and was told it’s out of stock and listed at $200 so people do not try to buy the out of stock item.

If it’s out of stock the listing would be taken down and not show in stock with more than 10 available.

I think I would have rather been told the truth… I’m the only one with these cdi’s… nobody else has them…so now I can charge what ever I want and if you want another it’ll be $200 or you do not get one….instead of being lied to.

If it wasn’t such a high price I would tested the out of stock statement by purchasing one but $200 to get the truth is a little too steep.

If I had been told the truth I would have no issues maybe buying something else from zholding that is not awfully over priced. Now…, I’m not too sure. It’s no way to do business…and I do not mean the $200 price…the price is his to choose. It’s up to me to accept his price if I want it.
I’m talking about not being honest about availability.

If I was not lied to about this matter the listing showing more than 10 available for $200 each would not be still up.
I have to eat some crow here…
The listing for this CDI is now back at $31.
I owe CMB/zholding an apology for my post. The CDI must have been out of stock.
It just seems odd to list an item at 10’s the ordinary price and show more than 10 available if it is out of stock. It would be just as easy to list it,”Sold Out” or “Out of Stock.”
The way it was listed someone could have clicked buy now button for the higher price.
What ever the deal.. sorry I added negative trash to the vendor review. In hindsight it was unwarranted.

My original purchase was good. I think I had stated this before.

I ordered another one a few days ago.

UPDATE, May 24th, 2023...A member today also has a problem with CMB which is really proving my point I made a year ago.

My experience with CMB a year ago...No real communication, now we can add a rookie mistake of wrong information to go along with it...lol.

UPDATE, May 24th, 2023...A member today also has a problem with CMB which is really proving my point I made a year ago.

My experience with CMB a year ago...No real communication, now we can add a rookie mistake of wrong information to go along with it...lol.
What is your reason for being against the way our pistons are installed in all Runwell engines? Do you think the rings will catch?

The rings will never catch. Hasn't ever happened to any of our customers or we would have made Runwell change the design. Our engines are also covered by a warranty that covers any manufacturing defects.

I am far from a rookie, with over 11 years in business. I make sure that my customers are taken care of. The customer is always right.

And by the way, I did send him a free piston from another factory machined the other way, so that he can compare and decide for himself which piston he would like to use.

What is your reason for being against the way our pistons are installed in all Runwell engines? Do you think the rings will catch?

The rings will never catch. Hasn't ever happened to any of our customers or we would have made Runwell change the design. Our engines are also covered by a warranty that covers any manufacturing defects.

I am far from a rookie, with over 11 years in business. I make sure that my customers are taken care of. The customer is always right.

And by the way, I did send him a free piston from another factory machined the other way, so that he can compare and decide for himself which piston he would like to use.
The windows of a windowed piston are NEVER FACING THE EXHAUST...They are supposed to aimed at the intake...Did you even read the OPs posting about the piston windows facing the exhaust with the ring pins facing the intake...Something is obviously not correct here.

Back