Call to Arms all Australians Concerning MB Regulation

Just like your firearms laws. Good luck, but your countrymen have no history of preserving their rights. TJ

We have so little need to fight for anything here that we fight other people's wars most of the time. No prize for guessing whose wars we mostly fight in????

Quote:Irish John
Originally Posted by BoltsMissing
??? Hope ?

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pro...2!OpenDocument

David Campbell MLC Minister of Transport NSW

yeah, but it's the opposition that may be able to get the better advice from, their vote counts.
BUT, if ya get a reply of "vote for us and we will do such and such for you" type of thing, not good enough....we need immediate action, by the looks of things, these amendments need to be blocked on the grounds of insufficiant evidence

Last edited:
yeah, but it's the opposition that may be able to get the better advice from, their vote counts.
BUT, if ya get a reply of "vote for us and we will do such and such for you" type of thing, not good enough....we need immediate action, by the looks of things, these amendments need to be blocked on the grounds of insufficiant evidence

We can send our final submission to all the opposition members, green groups, sustainability groups etc etc. You're right at the next election in NSW Labour will be history but it's whoever is in power that counts.
Before this econ melt-down is over State government may well be history too.
The expense of our system is really beginning to become very relevant but let's focus on what needs to be said then to whom we need to send it. A MB rally would be a fantastic idea Bolts but too hard for us all to assemble in one place given the distances.

A MB rally would be a fantastic idea Bolts but too hard for us all to assemble in one place given the distances.

No,
It does not get assembled in one place, it happens at 11.00 am at wherever part of the globe it's 11.00 am
So if it's 11.00 am here, and it's 11.30 there, it's alread happened there, and if it 10.30 am back there, then it's starting to happen....,
Sort of a "mexican wave" thing, starts somewhere and ends over there.
Given the electronic technology, it cannot be denied then that the MB movement does exist.

We need a united nations of MB's to appeal to...someone to shed light on how stoopid & ignorant the RTA actually are...I feel like my MB rights have been taken away...

Its so easy to tear this report to shreds... Point by point... Eg. On the third page:

"Finally, a review of the existing regulations in several countries was carried out to assess whether the proposed definition would facilitate free trade. The proposed definition would allow the import of vehicles built to the European and Japanese markets, the two biggest markets outside China. Australian manufacturers could also build products compliant to both the proposed definition and the European and Japanese regulations, although this would not be necessary to sell products only in Australia."

There is an existing infrastructure of importers who import (currently) compliant bicycles and parts - the legislative changes will leave them with an inventory of non-compliant stock which they will be forced to dump cheaply, regardless of compliance or not.

The cost of sourcing compliant componentry (along with the associated costs) would quite concievably send businesses broke - A pertinant example would be Ezyride Newcastle, who was forced to close their business when the High Court ruled that the 200W ebikes they were selling were not compliant.

In a time of high unemployment and global uncertainty, surely Australian jobs are more important than free trade?

We need a united nations of MB's to appeal to...someone to shed light on how stoopid & ignorant the RTA actually are...I feel like my MB rights have been taken away...

The current proposal does not seem to have been drafted by a bunch of bored public servants. If you read between the lines, there is some serious mechanical engeerings going on in thier researches up to now.
Obviously there be persons who are MB savvy, in our favour and we need to keep it at a level of the educated types.
If you claim "stoopidity", that is fine, you are entitiled to your opinion, but where is the stoopidity you see ?
Point that out and tell us your version. It is the only way they will listen and it could prove to be a point missed or over looked, and that is ok to.
It's only a draft proposal.

Its so easy to tear this report to shreds... Point by point... Eg. On the third page:

"Finally, a review of the existing regulations in several countries was carried out to assess whether the proposed definition would facilitate free trade. The proposed definition would allow the import of vehicles built to the European and Japanese markets, the two biggest markets outside China. Australian manufacturers could also build products compliant to both the proposed definition and the European and Japanese regulations, although this would not be necessary to sell products only in Australia."

There is an existing infrastructure of importers who import (currently) compliant bicycles and parts - the legislative changes will leave them with an inventory of non-compliant stock which they will be forced to dump cheaply, regardless of compliance or not.

The cost of sourcing compliant componentry (along with the associated costs) would quite concievably send businesses broke - A pertinant example would be Ezyride Newcastle, who was forced to close their business when the High Court ruled that the 200W ebikes they were selling were not compliant.

In a time of high unemployment and global uncertainty, surely Australian jobs are more important than free trade?

Good points all round, but there is a element of "restriction of trade" if this proposal goes too far.

The only proposal I personaly offer,to add to the current draft is the idea of a MB Day after all is said and done.

That way the rest of the community can see our work and see there are MB's that are works of art and safe to ride with sound engineering.

To sound off as "rebels", well yeah, cool to, but the reality is..., our cause is our individual rights and for me at least is I need a bike with a motor because it simply makes logical sense to have a motor on a bike and my choice is Internal Combustion Petrol/Oil motor for my personal needs.

There are 2 web sites/forums that I know of, dedicated to this logic, surely the numbers speak louder than words.

That's it from me on this draft proposal...,

All the Best
BoltsM

but where is the stoopidity you see ?

All the Best
BoltsM

Bolts you've caught me out, I didn't read the PDF,
its like a tuirets reaction (how do ya spell that)

Like a scream of stoopid idiots...thats been my mantra
for too long. To the current crop of RTA MB laws.

This document reads like the Electric Bicycle Law Encyclopedia.

Where the F. is the bit on the HT engine ?
also four strokes and all the other variations of petrol motors.

I think I arrive back at my original statement.

A rally is a must.
But not one that involves riding.

We all have to prove we exist in protest to these laws.

So Bolts, lets bring on August 15th.

I think the old law of protest applies,
We have to get media presence...maybe JJJ would cover it...

So how does a group put forward a letter to the RTA in this ?
thats a must.

Sounding off as rebels will have no positive effect for MBs. We need to be smart. Yes, the RTA doc is riddled with inaccuries, contradictions, untruths and hidden agendas. We WILL get a really good Response Submission to put forward and we really do have a good case. Hybriped is working hard and so am I. We'll have more info soon.
I'm speaking to my mates in the media (SMH & ABC) and once we have a good response document they can take it from there themselves. We can agree a list of many many people & bodies to submit our response to as well as the RTA.
I also have a friend who works in the section that authored the report so I'll soon find out a bit more about it. I think they might have over-reached their capabilities this time.
I'll probably interest a few sustainability bodies around here to support this cause. Has anyone else noticed how the hand of the big elec bike companies seem to be behind the whole tenet of this report? It's a logical follow on from the Sustainable E Bike report they produced in 2000.
I think the anti discrimination laws will be to our advantage but meanwhile I'm trawling through the report and listing things that I will have to type up.
From a mechanical eng viewpoint some of those charts and tables look very suspect and I'm sure we have people qualified in engineering who can scrutinise those. We are lucky really that the report is so weak that we can easily find fault with it.
I feel more hopefull tonight. More later in a couple of days.

Back