Camo wrap first build

I'm new to motor bikes and this is my first build. I started with a trek frame, antelope 820. I wrapped the frame with camo hockey tape, not a perm thig but I'll see how long it lasts. I upgraded the v brakes to cantilever. Got a cruiser seat. Ditched the front derailer, moved the rear derailer to the left handle bar and then installed the kit! Everything went pretty good and so far I have run about a tank through it, still in the break in..

At the moment I am currently compiling all the components needed to make it street legal here in California. If all goes well I'll be on the street in a couple weeks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 540
I've compiled most of the parts to make my bike street legal, brake/running light, headlight, brake switches, mirror. I'm going to run all the electronics off of a separate battery. I was trying to figure out where the battery should go and looked into back tire racks and stumbled upon a stealthy looking one that clamps to the seat post. I'll use it to mount my plate, brake light, and hold my battery.

image.jpg

I made some progress getting my bike street legal. Made a mounting plate out of 1/4 aluminum for my headlight, and switches, it's nothing fancy but it does the job and is solid. Also got mini momentary switches epoxied into the brake levers-for the brake light. Mounted the brake light and did some of the wiring. Just need to finish up the wiring and make a box or mount for my battery-4 cell lipo. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I finished up my bike last night, time to hit the road! The brake lights are functional and the LED light is more than bright enough! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice build. Similar to what I want for my next build which will be a 2 stroke possibly on a mountain bike. Currently I'm working out how to make my 4 stroke motorized bike more street legal (lights, mirrors etc.) So far I just have one of those cheap $8 bicycle turn signal/brake light things, have it registered and I'm waiting on some motorcycle mirrors because one of the mirrors I have broke and the ones I'm getting look cooler. So far it's like 90% street legal because it doesn't have signal lights in the front or a bright enough headlight for daytime use.

Really wish we could run motorcycle lights through the HS142 4 stroke engines. It would make street legalizing motorized bikes a whole lot easier.

Yeah the motors don't generate much juice, that's why I ran a separate battery for all my electronics. I went back and forth on the blinkers and from what I can gather I decided to skip that. Headlight, running light, brake light, dot helmet, reg, left side mirror, and appropriate license is what I'm rolling with, until I get stopped and hassled about blinkers I think it's just too much. I'm really happy with my bike so far, couple things I'm looking into is upgrading my front fork to a suspension fork, and picking up one of those "speed carbs". I also found some left over hobby LED light strips I had and made a functioning plate light, I'll post a pick when it gets dark enough.

Went for about a 40 minute drive today. The weather was really nice and I wanted to keep going but still breaking the motor in. Another thing I notice is about 20-25 min of riding and my hands are numb!! I'm wearing decent padded gloves but the little 2 stroke produces a lot of vibration! I'm hoping that when I upgrade my front fork to a suspension fork it will dampen some of the vibration.

Back