camouflaging engines

bizzzay

Local time
2:05 AM
has anybody messed around with camouflaging their engine? im thinking of painting the tank and engine with some high heat paint to make it match the bike better and be more inconspicuous. thoughts or suggestions?

Yeah a ton of ideas, custom paint and everything else from desert camo to milk crates. Not sure what the keywords would be but try a search in the archives.

I dont know what kind of setup you have but mines a friction setup and with the basket I have mounted on the channel on the rear left side you can hardly tell theres a motor there, right sides a different story. With the DE setup I can disengage the roller off of the wheel in a second so if a cop stops me theres doubt as to whether the motors driving the bike or my pedalling it. I always pedal just for the exercize if nothing else but it does put doubt into ones mind. Anyways I just plain dont care if i get a ticket or not because Im gonna ride this thing no matter. Also Ive noticed that since the bikes red and the engine you have to do a double take from any distance to really notice the motor, not many people really give a close look to most bicycles anyways plus I dont do stupid stuff to really get noticed. If the motors the same color as the bike it does help to mask it though...................another thing is my motor isnt that loud and that helps alot. Loud noise attracts attention.

Very true....

I am not one for attracting attention... even though there are no laws whatsoever about MB's here in SC.

I did like my HT setup, I hid the gas tank in a bag sitting on the rack and with my legs on the sides of the motor, it stayed hidden nicely.

Back