Can Anyone Give Me Plans

Thank you...looks like I did it correctly.

Now I just have to figure out how to adjust the chain...

One final question.

I just wanted to make sure that the kill switch goes to the third wire coming out of the engine. I thought at first that this was the accessory output for a headlight or something. But I don't know where the kill switch would connect then (I have the other two wires going to the coil, as the colors match up).

Thanks for the help!

ideally, the kill-switch should be tied into the blue wire, the intention is to ground the signal to the CDI unit...

my "snake-bite" kill-switch:
41_snakebite_1.jpg

maybe a club "trademark?"

i used the spring-metal from the cheapo switch, used the nut and screw on one end, a heavier piece of wire at the other, spliced in with the blue. wrap it all up in electrical tape...should last forever 8)

i'm not in front of the bike right now. Is blue the third wire coming out of the engine? If so, what do you use for the accessory voltage out?

blue is feed to the CDI, black is ground back to magneto, white is 3W/6-7V output.

I haven't run it yet, but my instructions say the white wire goes to the kill switch. :?

wait a tick...I get it. You both are correct. You can use the white as a voltage accesory output...but when you short it (attach the kill switch), it sucks all the power and dumps it to ground (the frame of your bike), and sends no power to the coil.

This is why if you run a light that sucks too much power, your engine won't run.

Thanks guys!

yup, steve, you're right, also, but ideally you should only be "dumping" the CDI signal 8)

Back