Can anyone tell me what they think of this bike ?? will it work properly

• Thread starter beachcruiserman
  • Start date
You might have a problem mounting th engine on that frame. If you notice, the cranks are set more forward that a regular cruiser and the sprocket may interfere with the engine...almost guaranteed.

Dan

Looks like it would fit but of course like they said, you would have to build a riser mounting plate for clearance of the sprocket.
Looks like plenty of room though.
Doc

:cool:like Doc said, the engine will fit.

with a custom flat mounting plate,there's a lot of engine space, although the engine will sit high.

then you can install TWO engines, side by side.:eek:

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
hey can i get some opinions on whether or not to put my kings 80cc on this bike? It is the only bike I have now. I scrapped it from a city wide garbage dump week, when everyone throws out large garbage. It was all messed up and bent rims and all, so I took it and got some new rims, tires and tubes, and let me tell, you.. it is one of the SMOOTHEST bikes I have ridden--ever!

any pros and cons to my future build will be kindly appreciated..

thanks, gus[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
hey can i get some opinions on whether or not to put my kings 80cc on this bike? It is the only bike I have now. I scrapped it from a city wide garbage dump week, when everyone throws out large garbage. It was all messed up and bent rims and all, so I took it and got some new rims, tires and tubes, and let me tell, you.. it is one of the SMOOTHEST bikes I have ridden--ever!

any pros and cons to my future build will be kindly appreciated..

thanks, gus[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Hi,

The glaring problem I can see myself is whether the frame will take the extra stress - it might be better to put one of the rack mount engines on but then you would need to muck around with the rear fork etc. You wouldnt have the raw power - but you'd have a similiar top end and less stress to the frame generally

It reminds me of a racer I used to have (I think its still in the garage at my parents place) - I once managed 53mph down layer hill lol - that was interesting trying to stop..

It would make a wonderful bike though and one of the 49/70 engines would look good, its just the durability thing that slightly worries me..

Jemma xx

hey iv done it trust me nice comfy once you get the right seat fast and fun mine is called the city pounder iv a old 72 pegut from alaskavan hey van thank man but be carful in the rain ther is a new tire out that has mud groves on tghe side and slicks on top for this bikes ther like 15 but some shops charge 25 but hey need pointers pm me man and good luck

but yeah stock 65cc type d did 45 in the speed bike but blew the bushing well that motor is out for now but can be done on a 27inch 44t hard to chew but the engine payed the price

Attachments

• sp2.jpg
    sp2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 269
  • sp5.jpg
    sp5.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 246
  • sp6.jpg
    sp6.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 302
Go For It

Gus,

I wouldn't have any problems motorizing that bike. If there is a weak point, my guess would be the wheels, not the frame. Since these kits are all set-up to drive the rear wheel using the spokes, you just want to be sure that the rear wheel is properly tensioned. I'd also put the largest size tire you can find that will fit in the frame and fork on it as well. If the wheels are 700c you will have a lot of options for larger tires, but if they are 27in., your choices are limited.

If what you really want is a beach cruiser you could sell your current bike on your local craigslist. Advertise it as a good beginning for what is called a fixed gear bike/project. Older lugged road frame sets with horizontal dropouts are selling for a preimum these days due to the fixed gear craze. Or offer it for trade for a good quality beach cruiser.

One other thing if the seat height as shown in the photo is your correct seat height, the the bike is way to large for you, and you might want try and trade it for somethig that fits better.

good luck,
ocscully

Last edited:
Back