Can anyone tell me what this squealing noise is on my moon dog?? (See link to video)

JeffJet

Local time
6:54 PM
I just recently finished my Moon Dog and am very excited to start riding it, but this squeeling noise is a bit unsettling. If anyone knows what this might be or has any ideas on how to correct the problem I would greatly appreciate it. :D Thank You!

Here is the link > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBWdZv_ZqUA

Your chain looks a bit loose. Raise your tensioner wheel a bit and lube your chain. The lube on your chain may hit wherever it's squealing at.

I greased the drive gear, lubed and tightend the chain just about as tight as it will go and it still makes the sound. Is any sound like this normal to some degree or is there possible damage bein caused?

Take your clutch cover off and look at it.(it's the large cover on your right when you sit on your bike) And signs that anything is rubbing?

Mine sounds exactly like that. I greased everything but the noise is still there. Seems to get quieter as it gets broken in.
Can someone post a video of a quiet one so we know how it's supposed to sound?

yes, I also would love to hear what it is supossosed to sound like. maui how is the bike/ sound when you are ridding it. Does it get better or worse? Do you know if your sprockets are aligned properly, because I am pretty sure mine are somewhat off, and am wondering if that might be the problem.

May be, but that would not make that noise. It is the chain, however, you can definitely hear how the sound changes as the chain flops around...and I'm with Large, first thing to do is tighten that chain, then see what it sounds like.

Your clutch gear is hitting the clutch cover. Remove the clutch cover and look for it rubbing on the gears. Every one I have purchased has done this. It is usually due to the holes in the clutch cover not being drilled correctly from the factory. I just took my dremel and elongated the holes so I could center the cover so it wouldn't rub on the gear. A clutch cover will also reduce the noise once you solve the gear rubbing issue.

And yes, tighten your chain.

Back