Exhaust Can holes in Exhaust , Stop Idling? (or leaks stop the bike from Running correctly )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixxGunnerxx

Local time
8:28 AM
Can this exhaust leaks stop the bike from idling?? ... (my 80cc Bike ),, on the exhaust it has a leak in 2 - 3 places where it leaks , (some long .. and some small _)... and i was thinking ,, 2 strokes need that back Pressure... ,,, (unlike 4 STokes Where you have the Valves )
i do know 2 Stoke needs that Back pressure ,, but i didn't think it was this Big of a deal ??? ( i thought it Might effect Prerformece a little, not Stop it From Running or ideling ... ? ? ? .... can any one Conferm this? ( like if you take the Exhaust off ,, will it Still Run and idel? i know a car ( 4 stroke Will)

let me say /add
... it doesn't want to run .. and when i do get it To run ... It only wants to, at at High rpms ...
i thought it might of Been a Spark problem ,at 1st ,, , but then i Did get it Started ,, and Brought the Rpms Come Down , and it Just Dies . so i started it Again , and Tunned the Carb up ,, for the idle , but it doesn't WAnt to Run ,, or idle ... even when i have it at high Rpms , it Wants to Die ...

hmmm .
then i thought ... ..
is it a Fuel air Mixure ? no ,, ,, There are No air leaks ,, So it has to be the Exhuast ..
,, ... ... now i did get the Carb Idle turned up ( when i Did get the Bike Running the 10-20 Secs that i can so its not a low Carb idle ... )
i just never thought the A Leak in a Exhaust could Stop it From Idleing,or Even Extreme performance issues ... hmm
... any One else Can Confirm that this is My problem?
i can see ,,, unburned fuel coming out exhaust holes ( not main Exhaust Exit Hole, the Holes that Shouldn't be there,)
so the holes ,, THey are not Crazy Big ,, but they are there .., there is a Wield Line from where The Bike is BOlted on.. there is A long hole right there ,,, and there is Alos a smaller hole , where the Bolts go in the motor,, there is a bend in the Braket For the Bolts .. so i put 3 Gaskets to fill it in .. And it Does run better .. just Not like it Should be ( since there is Still the Larger hole Where the Wield was at )

? lol .so the Smaller hole is .. Where the Exhuast Sits on the motor ..,, its Not Flush ,, ,,
so
i put 3 Gaskets in there , , to seal it , but its not a tight Seal , and you can See the Bike is still leaks... ... Smoke and Fuel Just COmes out ..

. But when i put the 3 Gaskets in , it did run a little better, But , still not Like it Should be ( since i only filled in the Smaller one . ) unless this is A placebo effect, and i Just think its running better ... ... Any confirmation On this would be nice ( has only one Tried to Run there Bike with no Exhaust? )
... Thanks again , for any help ..
God Bless , And have a good Summer

Exhaust leaks can cause some issues with running if they are severe enough, but it's hard to determine severity without actually seeing it. I would not discount other possibilities however. Compression loss from a leaking head gasket, for example, can cause similar issues.

i pulled the plate to the Magneto Coil .. and it Was all rusted ,, i was Using a Motor , from when i Was 18 (I'm 34 now) .. And i Used Some Sand paper .. and its dark out now , so i will see if its Fixed tomorrow . ( cross your Fingers)

A big air leak around the intake and/or carb will cause very hard starting and then run like its on meth once it does start.

All the intake and carb fittings have to be tight but not over tight to distort the manifold.

If you get a spray bottle with some water in it and then start the bike, when it idles high you just spray around the intake and manifold a little bit. If the motor instantly dies then it's an air leak,

it did Run it ..(after Cleaning Rust off Plates on Coil around Magnet )
its Not Wanting to idle ,, its better .. But STill doesn't Want to run .. ( Only runs at high rpms . then SHuts off , and no idle)

The magnet still works and Has Pull so i Bought a new COil , and Will be installing today ... i suspect this Will fix it ..

soo ,, , i suspect that the coil has Rust and Corrosion .. (Even Though its Sealed)
.. so i went ahead and bought a new one , and Will be Putting it in today ...
Will update you here later to let you know Whats going on ,, Thanks Again for Everyones Help!
its nice to have a Community to share and learn with

ok ,, I got it To Run alot Better , .. when i Put the New Coil in ,, i went to Start it , and i could Get it to Turn over ,, lol , i Seen the Magnet was catching ,, so i used some SAnd Paper , and a Dremal to File it down .. But it Would Run ( no power ) .. And after a few Minutes , i Found Some air leaks in the Bottem gasket in the cylinder ... i will be getting a New one on Tuesday ,. and Will update When i put it In !

Can this exhaust leaks stop the bike from idling?? ... (my 80cc Bike ),, on the exhaust it has a leak in 2 - 3 places where it leaks , (some long .. and some small _)... and i was thinking ,, 2 strokes need that back Pressure... ,,, (unlike 4 STokes Where you have the Valves )
i do know 2 Stoke needs that Back pressure ,, but i didn't think it was this Big of a deal ??? ( i thought it Might effect Prerformece a little, not Stop it From Running or ideling ... ? ? ? .... can any one Conferm this? ( like if you take the Exhaust off ,, will it Still Run and idel? i know a car ( 4 stroke Will)

let me say /add
... it doesn't want to run .. and when i do get it To run ... It only wants to, at at High rpms ...
i thought it might of Been a Spark problem ,at 1st ,, , but then i Did get it Started ,, and Brought the Rpms Come Down , and it Just Dies . so i started it Again , and Tunned the Carb up ,, for the idle , but it doesn't WAnt to Run ,, or idle ... even when i have it at high Rpms , it Wants to Die ...

hmmm .
then i thought ... ..
is it a Fuel air Mixure ? no ,, ,, There are No air leaks ,, So it has to be the Exhuast ..
,, ... ... now i did get the Carb Idle turned up ( when i Did get the Bike Running the 10-20 Secs that i can so its not a low Carb idle ... )
i just never thought the A Leak in a Exhaust could Stop it From Idleing,or Even Extreme performance issues ... hmm
... any One else Can Confirm that this is My problem?
i can see ,,, unburned fuel coming out exhaust holes ( not main Exhaust Exit Hole, the Holes that Shouldn't be there,)
so the holes ,, THey are not Crazy Big ,, but they are there .., there is a Wield Line from where The Bike is BOlted on.. there is A long hole right there ,,, and there is Alos a smaller hole , where the Bolts go in the motor,, there is a bend in the Braket For the Bolts .. so i put 3 Gaskets to fill it in .. And it Does run better .. just Not like it Should be ( since there is Still the Larger hole Where the Wield was at )

? lol .so the Smaller hole is .. Where the Exhuast Sits on the motor ..,, its Not Flush ,, ,,
so
i put 3 Gaskets in there , , to seal it , but its not a tight Seal , and you can See the Bike is still leaks... ... Smoke and Fuel Just COmes out ..

. But when i put the 3 Gaskets in , it did run a little better, But , still not Like it Should be ( since i only filled in the Smaller one . ) unless this is A placebo effect, and i Just think its running better ... ... Any confirmation On this would be nice ( has only one Tried to Run there Bike with no Exhaust? )
... Thanks again , for any help ..
God Bless , And have a good Summer
In short yea exhaust matters in idleing. I broke my last exhaust gasket and couldn't get bike to stay running and sure enough I got a new gasket and sealed it up and It'll idle all day now again.

In short yea exhaust matters in idleing. I broke my last exhaust gasket and couldn't get bike to stay running and sure enough I got a new gasket and sealed it up and It'll idle all day now again.
He already solved that problem a year ago and if you look closely at @ixxGunnerxx last two posts last year, he solved the problem July 2nd, 2022, and it was something entirely different than exhaust gaskets...Please look carefully in future at dates as well as looking to see if the problem was already solved rather than resurrecting an old thread...Since this was solved and the OP hasn't even been seen in the forums since Sept. 26, 2022, I am now locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back