Can I find an extra large gas tank anywhere?

artmaker

Local time
5:21 AM
First, here's my bike.
http://artmakersworlds.com/testing/Bike/Bike1.jpg

It's got the standard gas tank. Only holds about a half gal.
I'd LOVE to have a bigger tank. Did a google search and found some but it says those are made for a Honda. Thought I'd better post here first and get some more expert advice.

I don't weld and don't really know anyone who can so making one is out.
And I really don't want the bike altered. But a tank that both hung over the sides a bit, and went further back towards the seat would sure hold more fuel.

Thanks in advance.

OH.... it is possible I could get one made. Not sure on this, but my kid goes to the county tech center as part of his HS. They have manufacturing ability.
NOt sure if they would do this for me or not but if so, what should I know about designing my own?

I think Mike Simpson (motorbikemike) just got some large whizzer tanks
they are 1.2 gallons I believe :)

hope that helped ;)

Has anyone got a direct link? I tried looking at your signature files. Can't find anything other than what I already have.

Thanks Bill. Just pulled it out of the garage for the first time this year. Man that thing is hard to fire up the first ride out. And I'm SO out of shape this time of year after sitting on my arss all winter long.

I found a slightly bigger tank on spookytooth for 20 bucks. I think I'll just go ahead and order that.

Back