can i put a sprocket on a disc brake bike?

Kamalazooz3

Local time
3:12 PM
so i want to buy a used bike to install the motor on it but it has rear disc brakes and i really don't want to buy another kit to install the disc brakes with the sprocket so im wondering can i just remove the disc brake and install the stock sprocket and only keep the front one on till i get the mounting kit for the rear brakes? or will the disc brake mounting bracket interfere with the sprocket?(the mounting bracket for the rear brakes is 6 bolt mount)

so i want to buy a used bike to install the motor on it but it has rear disc brakes and i really don't want to buy another kit to install the disc brakes with the sprocket so im wondering can i just remove the disc brake and install the stock sprocket and only keep the front one on till i get the mounting kit for the rear brakes? or will the disc brake mounting bracket interfere with the sprocket?(the mounting bracket for the rear brakes is 6 bolt mount)
You can put a disc brake adaptor between the sprocket and disc. Or, put a few washers and stretch your chain stays a bit. Is it an aluminum bike? Aluminum bikes don't take to stretching.

Back