Can i run GX50 without the breather tube connected to the intake?

GW, look at the specs where it says lubrication system.
All OHC engines use an oil pump otherwise no oil to the valves.

Even though it's not the right thing to do, many go-carters remove the tubes for a performance type intake. I've done this myself, but I changed the whole carb.

Even though it's not the right thing to do, many go-carters remove the tubes for a performance type intake. I've done this myself, but I changed the whole carb.
The only OHC small four-stroke is the Subaru generator. And no small engines that size that I know of have an oil pump. My ct90 is OHC and it doesn't have an oil pump either.

I put mine to a catch with check valve.

The only OHC small four-stroke is the Subaru generator. And no small engines that size that I know of have an oil pump. My ct90 is OHC and it doesn't have an oil pump either.
The Honda GC series engines are OHC and as small as 135cc.

I am curious about the engine on your CT90. The horizontal 90cc honda engine I know of in the Honda CT has a small gear style oil pump under the right side crankcase cover.

The Honda GC series engines are OHC and as small as 135cc.

I am curious about the engine on your CT90. The horizontal 90cc honda engine I know of in the Honda CT has a small gear style oil pump under the right side crankcase cover.
I didn't think it had an oil pump, but then again I haven't pulled apart the bottom end and I probably won't either.

I didn't think it had an oil pump, but then again I haven't pulled apart the bottom end and I probably won't either.
It's about the same as it is for my chinese honda CG clone engine. It's OHV, cam in block, and partially splash oiled. The oil pump primarily supplies pressurized oil to the transmission and head, but also some to the crank. The engine is partially splash oiled too, so even if the pump fails it can actually run for a while without it. The CT engine is likely similar in that regard, especially with being a horizontal design.

It's about the same as it is for my chinese honda CG clone engine. It's OHV, cam in block, and partially splash oiled. The oil pump primarily supplies pressurized oil to the transmission and head, but also some to the crank. The engine is partially splash oiled too, so even if the pump fails it can actually run for a while without it. The CT engine is likely similar in that regard, especially with being a horizontal design.
Well you learn something new everyday, Thanks

It has always stumped me how an engine like the 142f gets oil up to the valves on top when it's just a splash system. You go to adjust the valves and it's always oily up there and will leak oil if the gasket isn't right. Oil mist, crankcase pressure spreading fumes, dunno?

Back