Can I save this bike? [50cc 4Stroke Chinese Honda clone]

And you'll keep burning them out until you change the gear ratio. With the proper gearing, the cheap clutches will last a good long time. Heat is what's killing yours, and slipping causes the heat. Clutch is slipping because the gearing is too high. Start your car off in 5th gear and see how long the clutch lasts.

Like Mark20 said, a belt drive with a 5:1 (ish) ratio will solve your problems.
I can't drive :D
And you'll keep burning them out until you change the gear ratio. With the proper gearing, the cheap clutches will last a good long time. Heat is what's killing yours, and slipping causes the heat. Clutch is slipping because the gearing is too high. Start your car off in 5th gear and see how long the clutch lasts.

Like Mark20 said, a belt drive with a 5:1 (ish) ratio will solve your problems.
I guess I'll snag the larger gear in a paycheck or two. Do they come any larger? I don't think my 800c bike is helping at all.

The most economical way is to pedal lots on take off, get a good speed up before you start the motor. Then you'll go at a good clip, no burning clutches.

Your current gear ratio isn't fully engaged till 18 mph, so it's slipping below that. If you try cruising under 18 mph it'll never fully engage and burn out in minutes. You will want around an 18:1 gear ratio or higher for hilly regions. With the 3:1 pocketbike transmission you will want at least a 60t rear sprocket, that would give decent hillclimbing with roughly a 30 mph top speed. Thatsdax sells a 72t sprocket, that would give great hillclimbing with roughly a 25 mph top speed.

Your current gear ratio isn't fully engaged till 18 mph, so it's slipping below that. If you try cruising under 18 mph it'll never fully engage and burn out in minutes. You will want around an 18:1 gear ratio or higher for hilly regions. With the 3:1 pocketbike transmission you will want at least a 60t rear sprocket, that would give decent hillclimbing with roughly a 30 mph top speed. Thatsdax sells a 72t sprocket, that would give great hillclimbing with roughly a 25 mph top speed.
Is his site suppose to look like it never left the AOL age? Just wondering is that's the right place or is another spot for Thatsdax

I would also loosen up the drive chain a tad. It is suppose to have 1/2 “ to 3/4” movement up and down

I'm at my wits end with the damn bike! I bought the kit early December got everything together and have had nothing but problems since.

I got one of those Generic kits that you see all over the place. Went together well had to adjust some things but it mostly fits well on my bike.

The engine started well and the first ride went really well for about a mile or two and then CLUNK the 3 wing clutch that came with it broke.

Got a new clutch with a set of springs.

Extra spring broke in about an hour

Got the 2nd clutch one make it one lap around the parking lot and the whole case for my transmission snaps in half.

I replace that with a case from another chinesium moped transmission

2nd clutch burned out and spring broke in another mile

3rd clutch I spring for one of those 2 wing clutches

Less than 30 minutes before its worn down to bare metal and the springs broke.

06IzJYQ.png

dEnvb7n.png

I just want this thing to work longer than an hour before something else breaks. I want to know how someone can use up a whole tank of gas without breaking down.

I've got absolutely no power trying to go up any sort of gentle incline let alone a hill and clutches keep breaking!

Anything I can do to save this stupid thing.

I'm at my wits end with the damn bike! I bought the kit early December got everything together and have had nothing but problems since.

I got one of those Generic kits that you see all over the place. Went together well had to adjust some things but it mostly fits well on my bike.

The engine started well and the first ride went really well for about a mile or two and then CLUNK the 3 wing clutch that came with it broke.

Got a new clutch with a set of springs.

Extra spring broke in about an hour

Got the 2nd clutch one make it one lap around the parking lot and the whole case for my transmission snaps in half.

I replace that with a case from another chinesium moped transmission

2nd clutch burned out and spring broke in another mile

3rd clutch I spring for one of those 2 wing clutches

Less than 30 minutes before its worn down to bare metal and the springs broke.

06IzJYQ.png

dEnvb7n.png

I just want this thing to work longer than an hour before something else breaks. I want to know how someone can use up a whole tank of gas without breaking down.

I've got absolutely no power trying to go up any sort of gentle incline let alone a hill and clutches keep breaking!

Anything I can do to save this stupid thing.
Hello I did notice the fuel filter is upside down look at the filter the direction of flow look for the arrow good luck.

Back