Can I swap a predator 79cc engine with an engine that comes in the kits online?

Olin Kennedy

Local time
9:56 AM
Hi, I am looking to put an engine in my bike. Is there a way I can use a predator 79cc engine instead of the ones that come in the online kits? I know that the engines in those kits arent of the best quality. Or is there a kit online that is just all the parts and no engine. I dont want to have to buy a full kit and another engine but I will if I have to.

you'll need to fab up a mounting plate and possibly come up with a jackshaft system. the grubee skyhawk engines are very good, just stay away from the cheap kits on ebay and amazon

The Grubee (which I used) or other quality 2 stroke engines do have fair quality.
The 79cc engine will need different engine mounts and a transmission. Big items.
I don't know if you plan to use the rag-joint sprocket mount? The chain is low grade too.
The clutch lever is probably useless to you and the throttle is pretty cheezy to begin with.
All you are getting is a fuel tank.

can you elaborate on how it has evolved? ive been seriously considering this kit for a while now.. The transmission looks pretty solid. it looks similar to a Q matic, it just has a chain instead of a belt.. Does anyone have any experience with the transmission that comes with that kit? If the engine and transmission in that kit are both good, i dont care about everything else, that price is excellent!

just a few small things that make the process a lot easier.

- first and foremost, they (vendors) finally included the throttle linkage which was previous not included and you had to make your own or find one
- the bulky restrictive base air filter has been removed and replaced with a more appropriate bike filter
- the stock exhaust has been removed and i believe (don't quote me on this) but the modified stock exhaust has a different position now so that it no longer sits on top of the engine (rendering it impossible to mount)

but, i have hear that the transmission is not as strong as it should be. I would reinforce it with a solid strong steel bar bolted somehow as to not impede the transmission chain. also, the kit does not appear to come with a gas tank mount. ive seen people mount it on top of the top tube with wood but that seems really tacky. i would mount it on the rear rack with wood and paint the wood black (as i have done on my 49cc). if you are concerned about storage space there are front a variety of front tube panniers to accommodate.

also, the gearing on the transmission is really low but this might be okay because it is a stronger engine and can pull you up to speed.

dont buy it on my account but these are my thoughts on it.

Hi, I am looking to put an engine in my bike. Is there a way I can use a predator 79cc engine instead of the ones that come in the online kits? I know that the engines in those kits arent of the best quality. Or is there a kit online that is just all the parts and no engine. I dont want to have to buy a full kit and another engine but I will if I have to.
YES, MAKE SURE ITS THE RIGHT KIT,, THEY HAVE MANY TYPES ONLINE.

Back