Can I use a big bore piston/cylinder on a stock crank?

I think that's cheaper than belmetric the shipping is alot from them. @ crassius the original motor had the different size thread on either end but they were bent. So I ordered the SBP studs but now since I'm using a different block I need the 1.25 studs. Good thing about the 1 m rod is you can make them as long as you need.

Got the carb
20180711_172916.jpg

What about making a 1/8 aluminum plate with 2 thin base gaskets. Would that work?

Well 2 years later that crap cylinder dropped the sleeve and permanently locked the engine. THE CYLINDERS ARE PRODUCED INCORRECT DO NOT BUY MZ MIAMI "BIG BORE" cylinder. It is a 38mm NOT a 40mm and has basically no advantages. You need to use a 38mm bottom end engine with the 48mm MZ miami cylinder. The piston rings hit the liner and blow off the top of the piston and then it seizes! much better to have a machine shop make a cylinder the right way.

Well 2 years later that crap cylinder dropped the sleeve and permanently locked the engine. THE CYLINDERS ARE PRODUCED INCORRECT DO NOT BUY MZ MIAMI "BIG BORE" cylinder. It is a 38mm NOT a 40mm and has basically no advantages. You need to use a 38mm bottom end engine with the 48mm MZ miami cylinder. The piston rings hit the liner and blow off the top of the piston and then it seizes! much better to have a machine shop make a cylinder the right way.
2 years? Should have got a 4 stroke!

Back