Can I wash with water and Fairy dishwashing liquid?

I've used. This from work...Works awesome.

20230317_155646.jpg

Just drove my bike and looks like a pile of mud now so it needs a good clean. I was wondering if I can just use fairy and water and to clean it??It won’t damage anything will it? I’m going to use a hose attachment to pressure wash it
Ironically enough, I just ran into this article in a UK news service just this morning...lol...They even mention Fairy dish soap by name and NOT to use it on your cars paint finish...I would imagine that bicycles would be the same thing, especially so since they do not have the finer paint jobs that cars do...lol.

Excerpt from article:
"Did you know that washing-up liquid can 'eat away' at your car wax? The cleaning method seems innocent enough, but it could end in disaster."

"The expert explained: "Degreasing dishwashing products are designed to strip food and stubborn oils from your kitchen crockery to get them clean, so it's no wonder that you may think dishwashing products like Fairy Liquid would be perfect for washing your vehicle."

"They warned: "After multiple uses of dish soap as a car wash solution, your car will likely no longer retain its glossy, water-beading finish."

Back