Break In Can not get motor to idle GT5b

digital_life

Local time
7:20 PM
I have all of the barrel screws fully extended and the only way to keep the motor running is to give it a bit of throttle (~1/4 inch).

Moving the idle screw has no effect

I was thinking that if I move the clip on the carb down one notch might help but I'm not sure that making it richer would be the right solution

Any idea's

New build?

What do you mean by 'barrel screws'?

Have you move the idle screw from fully out to fully in?

Have you checked for air leaks?

Get a can of 'starting fluid' and spray it on various parts to find an air leak. You'll need a 2nd person for this since your bike won't idle.

Get the engine running and then spray the starting fluid all over the intake manifold to intake port, intake manifold to carb.

If there is an air leak at an area you spray it the bike will drop in RPMs and/or stall.

If nothing there then try the crankshaft seals behind the covers on both sides of the engine.

For break-in I'd leave the needle in the middle position. What altitude are you at?

I have all of the barrel screws fully extended and the only way to keep the motor running is to give it a bit of throttle (~1/4 inch).

Moving the idle screw has no effect

I was thinking that if I move the clip on the carb down one notch might help but I'm not sure that making it richer would be the right solution

Any idea's
Check the float needle, it might be stuck. Tap on the side of your carb with the handle of a screwdriver, and then try it.

Figured it out, I had to take the cap off the carb and gave it a bit of throttle then put it back together and it fixed the problem.
Thanks for the tips guy's

20220801_234800.jpg

Back