Can someone help me understand how to wire this.

I'm not sure. My questions lye within wiring configuration with the power coming from the generator feeding into the yellow pink wire of the voltage regulator 1 into 2. It makes sense from the wiring schematic for a bridge rectifier. But that's ac to dc

I tried running one of them generators before without a voltage regulator and I ended up blowing the light I was using. I was supposed to have a built-in battery and voltage regulator. So now I'm going to redo it all with a voltage regulator and battery. Plus a tach light
I'm not sure if the stock china girl magneto is ac or dc current. I think they are ac.

I'm not sure if the stock china girl magneto is ac or dc current. I think they are ac.
I'm not talking about the magneto coil. I'm not sure either. The 12 volt system that bolts on to it is suppose to be ac. Well that what most people say. Depends where I look. I also found that if the generator is ground to the frame it will blow so the chassis needs to be insulated. Is this true? Most of the information from the post tagged. Head and running lights on a 12volt system. Which is where the confusion is coming in with the configuration of the lead coming from the power source to the two on the regulator rectifier. He say 1:1 the by solder on a extra wire it seems. Now the wiring description for the rectifier doesn't specify just says the wire from the magnetic coil connector. I don't want to have to solder a second wire and modify the generator for that. I will if I have to.

I'm not talking about the magneto coil. I'm not sure either. The 12 volt system that bolts on to it is suppose to be ac. Well that what most people say. Depends where I look. I also found that if the generator is ground to the frame it will blow so the chassis needs to be insulated. Is this true? Most of the information from the post tagged. Head and running lights on a 12volt system. Which is where the confusion is coming in with the configuration of the lead coming from the power source to the two on the regulator rectifier. He say 1:1 the by solder on a extra wire it seems. Now the wiring description for the rectifier doesn't specify just says the wire from the magnetic coil connector. I don't want to have to solder a second wire and modify the generator for that. I will if I have to.
What I was meaning or trying to say is on the china girl magneto with 3 wires, the white wire is output voltage, I'm just not sure if that output voltage from the white wire is ac or dc voltage.

I'm not using one of them I use the Oz high output magneto.

The photo below is what I'm planning on using.

The magneto is the very first thing I replace I don't even keep them for spare parts in case it goes out
Screenshot_20230307_110235_Chrome.jpg

I'm not using one of them I use the Oz high output magneto.

The photo below is what I'm planning on using.

The magneto is the very first thing I replace I don't even keep them for spare parts in case it goes out
View attachment 188581
Ok zingzing this is how I think your set up should be wired. I'm fairly sure this is how it needs wired. But maybe someone else might chime in.
20230307_124305.jpg

Also this is the voltage regulator/rectifier I pick off of amazon. I believe it's the same as yours just different color wires.

Screenshot_20230307-123339_Chrome.jpg

20230307_124305.jpg

Back