Carby Can Someone School Me on the Different Carbs?

CroMagnum

Local time
12:31 AM
I'm kinda new here, and still trying to get a grasp on all the different engines, kits, parts, accessories, etc.

Is there a easy reference around on the different types of carbs?

I see the terms like NT, Speed, and CNS, but I'm not quite clear which carbs came with which motors. For instance, I've got a generic straight plug 66cc HT motor kit. And I picked up a genuine 66cc Grubee Skyhawk motor with no carb.

Which carbs usually come with these motors? Which ones to avoid? Which ones will work best? With stock exhaust? With an SBP chamber?

Pics would be very helpful in identifying the different carbs. Thanks!

I know a few things about carbs.

1. The NT carb comes with most stock standard generic Chinese (no named brands) engines. Like (f80's and f50's and sometimes the older skyhawk kits)

2. Many grubee skyhawks kits of today come with the speed carb as the standard. Depends where you buy your engines from.

3. Speed carb (the one i use) has bigger jets and a bigger bore then the NT carby. It allows more fuel it get through. I believe it is the best for most of the 2 stroke kits in my opinion. I have used the Speed carby on both the stock exhaust and SBP chamber and it is so much easier to tune and once tuned correctly gives your engine so much power.

I haven't used the CNS so i can't comment on it. All i know is it comes with a chock you can control from your handle bars and a nice air filter LOL there are also other carbs you can get but i don't know anything about them.

Pics for the different carbs are below:

NT carb:
2lurtqv.jpg

Speed carb (also comes with a Black back):
2vnglsl.jpg

CNS carb:
15hh7q0.jpg

Back