Can this full suspension bike be motorized? with a ht engine

do you know what frame this is btw? been trying to find one like it with the high shock and dual disc brakes but can't find anything on ebay
It's a GT LTS 2 from 1996 or thereabouts. It is from before disc brakes became the norm. Disc conversions are possible. Fork upgrades are possible due to the 1&1/8" steerer, and advisable. Some LTS models are cromoly but these tend to have a worse shock absorber, or just a spring, or just an elastomer (which has definitely dried out and become brittle in the 23 years its been on there). The ideal LTS might be made from two different versions of the frame, front of a cromoly and the rear of a higher end aluminium model, but you'll have to figure out which are best matched, and probably make some custom parts to help with the compatibility. The GT LTS might be a difficult one to get just right. But they are very old and you have to keep checking the auctions, retrobike forum, etc. to find what you want. If you hold out for the Giant ATX 990 Tomac in size large, you might grow old waiting!
A full suspension MAB is the holy frickin grail of MABs, its never going to be as easy or as inexpensive as the hardtails we nearly all end up building!

gosh dangit i... i qu=outed the wrong thing i meant the one below it with the fenders haha

Here's a couple of full suspension bikes the immortal KC Vale built. A 2 stroke and an electric.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen at least one of those Kent soft tails with a motor on it. They were running dual chain tensioners, one on the top run of chain and one on the bottom.

Yeah, sure it's been done without a jackshaft, and the first thing the guy prolly did after a run was reduce the rear suspension travel to cut down on chain oscillation. Prolly did that after a code-brown moment on a bumpy road. That spring looks just about locked out.

Chain tension won't be constant on something like that without locking out the rear suspension. That sounds manageable until bumps.

Back