Can this full suspension bike be motorized? with a ht engine

there was one at my wallys once and i thought itd be really tight if it fit, maybe if you put a shorty head and plug plus offset intake.
with good forks it could be pretty comfy

you wouldn't actually have to get a short head, just a slant head going forward and offset carb and it would fit perfectly

Even if the engine fits, you'd have a problem with the drive chain's tension because of the rear suspension. Sure you could put a long-stroke sprung tensioner on it, but it would likely just be more problems than it's worth. This is why you don't see many non-jackshafted MaBs with full suspension and mid-drive engines. It could prolly work with a shift kit, tho, if the whole shebang fits.

Last edited:
i have a jackshaft and i made custom mounting points so it sits about an inch or 2 lower than stock. my current bike frame is tiny haha

The Kent Avalon is not really a full suspension bike, it is a soft tail. Soft tails have an inch or less of rear suspension travel and no proper damping. It would be a heck of a lot less trouble to use a hard tail with a 2.4" tyre than to try to engineer a stable and reliable chain tensioning system for a soft tail. I'm sort of certain the spring would be completely compressed all of the time the engine is pulling anyway.

Buying the very expensive Shift Kit and installing it on this bike would work if the engine still fits (which is doubtful) but it would be gilding a turd, IMHO.
There are some decent old GT LTS models that would suit a shift kit, and some that won't; some have a springer (undamped) rear and some have a real shock absorber; but they at least have enough rear wheel travel to actually be called full suspension.

i just want a full suspension bike ;w;

(not mine!)

(also not mine!)

(Giant ATX 990 or 970, also not mine!)

Last edited:
Back