Can you answer any of these questions?

mrsaxman99 said:
I know a whole lot about fuel mixture, tuning, and engines in general. Just don't know much about 2 cycle and THIS engine in particular. I was just curious if mixing in RC fuel, while fattening up the mixture a good bit, would yield good results...

Not to offend but the same tuning principles (based on chemistry and physics) apply to all engines, 2 or 4 stroke.

How much methanol/nitromethane you can add depends on the how much you fatten up the mixture. If you run straight methanol you should fatten up the mixture a minimum of 40% to start. If you run straight nitromethane, you should richen the full by 400%. If you use methanol blended with nitromethane you will be somewhere in between. You will have to experiment to find the appropriate mixture and doing so will put you at risk of an engine damaging lean run..be careful.

Ummm yeah I'm just talking about mixing 20% RC (methanol, nitro) fuel to 80% gas type of thing. Again, someone else on here has done it with great success. The increase in output is substantial.

And yes I know they all have similar "chemistry and physics"...I'm talking about specifics with this engine that people have tried that I wish to replicate.

Someone also mentioned using a fuel with identical properties to gasoline, but had very little to no odor. Anyone know what they were using?

well i found the one thing I was talking about:

"Not really cheap stuff, but low grade anyway, we use Coleman Camper fuel in our radio control helicopter two stroke gasoline engines (a copy of a small weedeater engine 23 cc), and they run just fine. Camper fuel is sometimes called white gas, is rated somewhere around 55 octane, and the reason we use it is it burns super clean and has no strong gasoline odor. You can open one of these engine after having run many gallons of the camper fuel and there will be absolutely zero carbon. The fact it has no odor allows us to transport them in vehicles and store them in the house with no foul gasoline smell. The bad news....it costs about $4 a gallon."

DrewD I noticed in that thread you mentioned that you wouldn't run it due to the faster burn cycle. What would you say would be the ideal octane rating for these engines?

Back