Can you extend an expansion chamber exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha no worries. Yeah I figured. Guess I can try finding a two stroke bike or scooter pipe that could fit, I read that's another option
Ya on my first bike im using a jog scooter pipe. It works really well. I was going to use another on my second build but wasn't too try the MZ 65 and see what the differences are. My bike hits 50mph with scooter pipe and they are about the same price, maybe a little cheaper than the MZ. You'll will have to chop cut and weld the scooter pipe to fit. Any questions feel free to ask.

Ya on my first bike im using a jog scooter pipe. It works really well. I was going to use another on my second build but wasn't too try the MZ 65 and see what the differences are. My bike hits 50mph with scooter pipe and they are about the same price, maybe a little cheaper than the MZ. You'll will have to chop cut and weld the scooter pipe to fit. Any questions feel free to ask.
Sounds great, I think I'll try that too. I live in Europe and shipping+import taxes basically doubled the price of the mz65, looking at prices for 2 stroke scooter pipes here it doesn't seem worth it if I can get a similar result. I'm no expert but I know a guy who can cut and weld so fitting shouldn't be a problem. Atm I'm thinking 36t or 32t sprocket and then EC exhaust+high compression head to compensate for loss of torque. Could you tell me if there's anything specific I should be looking for, aside from the presence of an expansion chamber? Also, I was wondering if you've clocked your bike stock. Mine tops out at 24mph after which power cuts out, which seems kinda slow. Got the standard Chinese 80/66cc kit, engine runs great no 4 stroking, so idk why it's so slow. Revs plenty to the point where vibration becomes uncomfortable. Thanks a lot!

If I remember correctly my bike did about 50kmh when it was stock but I also use a jackshaft so I'm able to shift gears. The expansion pipe will add the biggest gain to your performance. Have you done any mods to your engine. Raising and widening the exhaust port and notching the piston skirt on the intake side and ramping pistons also help the engine breathe better and increase power. There are lots of things you can do to the engines to get more power. Just remember alot of the Chinese performance heads will actually lower compression because the have more volume than the stock head but cool the engine better. When adding an expansion pipe a long header pipe increases bottom end power and a shorter header increases top end power.
Here's a pic of my scooter pipe.
20190725_204648.jpg

Attachments

• 20190801_052248.jpg
    20190801_052248.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 416
Thank you for the insight! Sorry for the late reply, I only just saw your post. One of those banana pipes is exactly what I was looking at :) good to know they're not the real deal. I have one more question. Ideally I'd like to do an expansion chamber and a sprocket upgrade since I'm not looking to turn it into a rocket ship and spend more money on it than the whole bike cost stock, but I'd also like more than the 38kmph top speed I'm currently getting (plus going above 35 makes it vibrate a lot, so more power at lower rpm's would be great, ideally a 45kmph cruising speed). However I read on a post that expansion chamber+cdi+high compression head should be a package because they compensate for each other with regards to the changes they make in the engine, and you shouldn't do them individually. Is that true? Would just adding an expansion chamber cause problems? Thanks a lot!
i made plenty of pipes in my time.

i fiddled with new CDI's, ignition, heads, carbs.

in the end?

i stuck to just bolting on a pipe and rejetting the stock NT. everything else was simply a waste of time on these things.

cruising at 60km on a 48cc.
forced one to do over 80 down a hill... didnt make it back up the other side though!

you can, if you are determined, make a pipe with steel aerosol cans and braze the LAPPED joins. java pipe sorta works, theres a few free programs out there... i used two stroke wizard which costs a few dollars. every now and then he does a special and sells it for $20 or so. it has far better results than the simple freebies.

i preferred the early version, 3... last i checked its 5 now.

if you know someone that can weld, be prepared... the only real way to make one is by breaking it up into lots of little tapered cones, make one in thick paper first to get the layout right... then start steeling!
my first one, i made with a star stake (fence post) as an anvil/former. can do anything if your determined.

theres at least a days work in one. unless you get setup to make a dozen in one go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back