CAN YOU HELP PICK ONE OF THESE TWO PIPES

Diamond Back

Local time
4:25 PM
YES, your right about JAG,, I have gotten to know him so far thru a lot of late night talks,, I have been reading the gordon jennings 2 stroke handbook cover to cover a few times now,,,,,,, but i was and have been reading all of the DRAGONFLY stuff cover to cover and all side notes and sections and it is GREAT GREAT learning material....I did not know at first for a while that it was JAG,,,,,,funny cause here i am talking to the man for hours and quoting his own stuff back to him...lol...haha.............. finally found out it was his material....he is smart experienced person,,,

BUT I also look towards you for info steve as you have a similar setup like me and you are smart and experienced in this hobby as well....so sorry if I annoy you sometimes STEVE but I kinda look up to you and JAG when I get in a new area or trouble,,,,

I was going to buy a used dirtbike 65cc or 80cc pipe off EBAY but a lot were damaged and over priced and they would all have to be modified and welded adapter which I dont have ,,, but can get,,,,, but its hard to tell the fitment and altercations needed by a 2 dimensional photo,, and some start on the right and some start on the left and where they end i would not know by a picture...

due you think i should get a dirtbike pipe or just go a head with the proven pipe for $60 bucks,,, plus I got that NEW Duplicolor Metalcast HIGH TEMP 625 PAINT in metallic red,gold,and silver,,,so help me out STEVE,,, what would you do,,,, dirtbike pipe or this BLACK straight pipe in picture,,, which has the best reviews for performance over all bolt ons i have seen,,,and I have seen them all,,,trust me brother...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BIKE OUT THERE,,,, THE RED AND YELLOW ONE,,,,,I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT ALL THE PAINT AND SAME KIND THEY USED******* ((( CALLED THE OWNER UP AND SPOKE WITH HIM DIRECT )))))))****** I WILL BE STARTING TO PAINT SOON,,, HAD LEG SURGERY DONE YESTERDAY AND CANT WALK EVEN A FEW FEET,,,,,,,, SO LET THE PAINTING BEGIN,,,, WAS NOT CHEAP BROTHER MAN...$150 IN PAINT COST,,,,, BUT ITS WORTH IT,,,, BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE !!!!!!! SO WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ALL THIS AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THE PIPE QUESTION,,, USED DIRTBIKE PIPE OR THIS ONE ??
IMG_9249.jpg
s-l500 (1).jpg
$_57 (1).jpg
$_57 (2).jpg
IMG_9236-1.jpg
CAM00344.jpg
CAM00348.jpg
CAM00350.jpg

The mzmiamiparts expansion chamber is loud, very loud. But has plenty of power at top of rpm range (I liked it because my bike was tuned for top end with a 44 tooth sprocket) it's not for low end torque by no means lol but as soon as you hit that certain rpm it takes off like a rocket.
I actually hit 40mph on that bike with a little lift on the exhaust port and a shaved head with a 44 tooth sprocket..... That bike has crappy brakes so I didn't want to go too fast on it:p

I used to own an RD 350 and it was "pipey" and so over all was not that easy to ride on the street.
I'd much rather a pipe deliver a long tame powerband for street use.
None of the pipes sold for the Grubee are like that though.
If I was too inept to make my own torque pipe I'd rather just keep the stock muffler on it.
But that's just me.

The mzmiamiparts expansion chamber is loud, very loud. But has plenty of power at top of rpm range (I liked it because my bike was tuned for top end with a 44 tooth sprocket) it's not for low end torque by no means lol but as soon as you hit that certain rpm it takes off like a rocket.
I actually hit 40mph on that bike with a little lift on the exhaust port and a shaved head with a 44 tooth sprocket..... That bike has crappy brakes so I didn't want to go too fast on it:p

FRANKFORT,, WHAT RPM DO YOU RECALL THAT PIPE HITTING AT 5,000---6,000---7,000 ????
AND JAG SEE WHAT I MEAN,, EVERYONE TELLS ME TO GO WITH THE BLACK PIPE,,,,SO I DO (((good thing i didnt order yet)))) AND NOW EVERYONE TELLS ME THE PIPE IS s**t AND TO TOP IT OFF YOUR TELLING ME TO JUST LEAVE THE STOCK PIPE ON IT,,, I NEVER EVEN OWNED A STOCK PIPE,,, IT WAS THE BANANA FROM FIRST KICK,,,AND WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME STOCK PIPE WHEN YOU KNOW THE BANANA IS STILL BETTER AND WOULD BE EVEN BETTER WITH A HEADER EXTENSION AND SIDE MIDDLE BELLY OUTLET PIPE STINGER BUT THE STINGER SHOULD NOT BE MADE TO SMALL OR LONG AS THAT WILL ADD HUGE POWER BUT AT THE COST OF TEMPERATURE INCREAS BACK ON THE CYLINDER, HEAD AND PIPE AND CAN DESTROY ENGINES REAL QUICK..

YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING REAL UPSET AND AGGRAVATED WITH THESE FORUMS AND POSTS !!!!!!
I SPEND ALL THIS TIME TYPING MY QUESTION AND PROBLEMS WITH ALL THE INFO AND PHOTOS I CAN FOR SOMEONE TO RUIN IT ALL IN A FEW SENTENCES
NO ONE CAN EVER JUST HELP ME WITH A PLAIN JANE ANSWER AND SOLUTION. NO ONE CAN JUST TELL YOU A FACTUAL ANSWER AND SAY """THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO BECAUSE THIS IS HOW IT WORKS""" LIKE SAYING YOU WANT TO INCREASE YOUR HEADER SECTION BY A GOOD 6-8 INCHES CAUSE EVERY INCH FROM THE PISTON FACE MAKES THE PIPE KICK IN 400 rpm's QUICKER AND PUT A 6-8 INCH LONG 1/2 WIDE STINGER PIPE FROM MIDDLE OF PIPE AND SEAL UP THE CURRENT END,, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR BIKE QUIETER BY 84% AND GIVE YOU LOADS OF LOW END TORQUE, JUST WATCH CYLINDER TEMPERATURE AND SHORTEN STINGER IF TO HOT........... SEE HOW SIMPLE THAT WAS !!!!!!

BUT NO !!!!!!!!! EVERYONE ANSWERS WITH SOME BULLs**t QUESTION AND NO FACTS OR MEASUREMENTS..AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF THEY GO INTO HOW BIG THERE PENIS SIZE IS AND WHAT THEY DID ON THERE BIKE THAT IS A MIRACLE THAT ONLY THEM CAN FIGURE OUT,, THEN THE WHOLE THREAD GETS SCREWED UP AND ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC THAT MULTIPLE PEOPLE ALL HAVE A DIFFERENT IDEA AND START ARGUING AND PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN..EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING EXCEPT HOW TO FIX AND HELP YOU FIX YOUR BIKE AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTION WITH TRUE FACTS..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO I GIVE UP !! I WILL BE DELETING MY ACCOUNT AND NOT ASKING FOR HELP ANYMORE SINCE KNOW ONE CAN SEEM TO TRULY WANT TO HELP SOMEONE ... I HAVE SPENT WEEKS AND DAYS ASKING FOR HELP WITH CARBURETOR AND EXHAUST ISSUES AND HAVE GOTTEN NOW WARE,,,, STILL AT GROUND ZERO WITH A STOCK PIPE AS AN ANSWER,,,,,,,UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH AND I GUESS ITS TO MUCH TO ANSWER ANY OF MY OTHER QUESTIONS...

FRANKFORT,, WHAT RPM DO YOU RECALL THAT PIPE HITTING AT 5,000---6,000---7,000 ????
AND JAG SEE WHAT I MEAN,, EVERYONE TELLS ME TO GO WITH THE BLACK PIPE,,,,SO I DO (((good thing i didnt order yet)))) AND NOW EVERYONE TELLS ME THE PIPE IS s**t AND TO TOP IT OFF YOUR TELLING ME TO JUST LEAVE THE STOCK PIPE ON IT,,, I NEVER EVEN OWNED A STOCK PIPE,,, IT WAS THE BANANA FROM FIRST KICK,,,AND WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME STOCK PIPE WHEN YOU KNOW THE BANANA IS STILL BETTER AND WOULD BE EVEN BETTER WITH A HEADER EXTENSION AND SIDE MIDDLE BELLY OUTLET PIPE STINGER BUT THE STINGER SHOULD NOT BE MADE TO SMALL OR LONG AS THAT WILL ADD HUGE POWER BUT AT THE COST OF TEMPERATURE INCREAS BACK ON THE CYLINDER, HEAD AND PIPE AND CAN DESTROY ENGINES REAL QUICK..

YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING REAL UPSET AND AGGRAVATED WITH THESE FORUMS AND POSTS !!!!!!
I SPEND ALL THIS TIME TYPING MY QUESTION AND PROBLEMS WITH ALL THE INFO AND PHOTOS I CAN FOR SOMEONE TO RUIN IT ALL IN A FEW SENTENCES
NO ONE CAN EVER JUST HELP ME WITH A PLAIN JANE ANSWER AND SOLUTION. NO ONE CAN JUST TELL YOU A FACTUAL ANSWER AND SAY """THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO BECAUSE THIS IS HOW IT WORKS""" LIKE SAYING YOU WANT TO INCREASE YOUR HEADER SECTION BY A GOOD 6-8 INCHES CAUSE EVERY INCH FROM THE PISTON FACE MAKES THE PIPE KICK IN 400 rpm's QUICKER AND PUT A 6-8 INCH LONG 1/2 WIDE STINGER PIPE FROM MIDDLE OF PIPE AND SEAL UP THE CURRENT END,, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR BIKE QUIETER BY 84% AND GIVE YOU LOADS OF LOW END TORQUE, JUST WATCH CYLINDER TEMPERATURE AND SHORTEN STINGER IF TO HOT........... SEE HOW SIMPLE THAT WAS !!!!!!

BUT NO !!!!!!!!! EVERYONE ANSWERS WITH SOME BULLs**t QUESTION AND NO FACTS OR MEASUREMENTS..AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF THEY GO INTO HOW BIG THERE PENIS SIZE IS AND WHAT THEY DID ON THERE BIKE THAT IS A MIRACLE THAT ONLY THEM CAN FIGURE OUT,, THEN THE WHOLE THREAD GETS SCREWED UP AND ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC THAT MULTIPLE PEOPLE ALL HAVE A DIFFERENT IDEA AND START ARGUING AND PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN..EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING EXCEPT HOW TO FIX AND HELP YOU FIX YOUR BIKE AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTION WITH TRUE FACTS..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO I GIVE UP !! I WILL BE DELETING MY ACCOUNT AND NOT ASKING FOR HELP ANYMORE SINCE KNOW ONE CAN SEEM TO TRULY WANT TO HELP SOMEONE ... I HAVE SPENT WEEKS AND DAYS ASKING FOR HELP WITH CARBURETOR AND EXHAUST ISSUES AND HAVE GOTTEN NOW WARE,,,, STILL AT GROUND ZERO WITH A STOCK PIPE AS AN ANSWER,,,,,,,UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH AND I GUESS ITS TO MUCH TO ANSWER ANY OF MY OTHER QUESTIONS...
People have awnsered your question its just not what you wanna here.

Hey guys,I went from a sick bike parts exhaust with 6cc fred head with mikuni 18mm carb with a 36 tooth sprocket and was getting about 37 mph.Then I bought one of the mzmiami exhaust and skirted piston and cleaned up ports a little and I am now getting about 42 mph,hope that gives you a little insight on this matter.I am using a BEkit motor by the way.Oh also used an iridium spark plug which believe it or not did make a sizable difference in power in my case!

"YOU KNOW THE BANANA IS STILL BETTER"
no I don't.
the advantage to an aftermarket expansion chamber is the extra power you get at the top 2000 rpm.
The disadvantage is the dip in power before the powerband, and the extra noise.
It's important for a street bike, especially one with no gears, to have a smooth power increase all the way to the top RPM. You get that with a stock pipe (and with my torque pipe).

for kicks my RD350 was fun to ride but for daily commute it was a pain in the ass.
If I knew then what I know now I would of cut the baffle and added in a baffle extension to make it a street pipe and not a racing pipe.

"YOU KNOW THE BANANA IS STILL BETTER"
no I don't.
the advantage to an aftermarket expansion chamber is the extra power you get at the top 2000 rpm.
The disadvantage is the dip in power before the powerband, and the extra noise.
It's important for a street bike, especially one with no gears, to have a smooth power increase all the way to the top RPM. You get that with a stock pipe (and with my torque pipe).

for kicks my RD350 was fun to ride but for daily commute it was a pain in the ass.
If I knew then what I know now I would of cut the baffle and added in a baffle extension to make it a street pipe and not a racing pipe.

THANK YOU JAG,,,, I FIGURE I CAN SHORTEN THE HEADER SECTION AND ADJUST THE BAFFLE ON THE BLACK PIPE IF I DONT LIKE IT,,, ITS FIXABLE

Back