Canada - Saskatchewan rides/clubs

M

maydaymalone

I dont expect any replies however if there are any groups out there it would be good to put something together.

8)

Edit:

OK here is a better objective.

Formation of a cross Saskatchewan Group for rides and events.

>First proposed event would be for late fall of this year in Saskatoon for a meet and greet followed by a river ride.
>Next year a ride during the Jazz Festival.

Hows that?

hi

well, what topic in canada would you like to disscuss? I used to live in ferndale washington and got canadien tv for over 2 years...it was durring the clinton years and the monica lewinski scandal...lol
Do you own a bike? I just bought one and am awaiting a dax engine any minute now...have a great day!!! :D :cool: :eek:

Where in SK R U from, mandaymalone? What type of "something" are you wanting to put together? An event? A Saskatchewan club? I'm curious as I am not far from you. I'm in Manitoba, but not very far from Yorkton, SK.

quay, have you ever been to the President's wax museum in the Black Hills? I was there a couple years ago and the Clinton display is hilarious. It had him sitting behind his desk......and there is a lady's hand grasping the edge of the desk near him. Somebody there sure had a good sense of haha. I wonder if the hand is still there or if they were asked to remove it?

lotsa_mpg said:
quay, have you ever been to the President's wax museum in the Black Hills? I was there a couple years ago and the Clinton display is hilarious. It had him sitting behind his desk......and there is a lady's hand grasping the edge of the desk near him. Somebody there sure had a good sense of haha. I wonder if the hand is still there or if they were asked to remove it?

Thats Monica's hand and Hillary's foot Is hanging out of his ...well you know where 8)

Sorry I guess I did leave this topic a bit open... :(

First off Im in Saskatoon area and a local club would be my agenda, nothing to fancy just a ride now and then. I expect that to start it would be easier to do a cross Saskatchewan group with meets a few times a year for group rides. Hosting could rotate from city to city to make it fair. There could even be meets in areas like Prince Albert park or Cypress Hills just to give us something to see other than grass and wheat.

If this dosent exist yet then it might as well start here eh?

O and ofcourse Manatobians would be more than welcome :D

maydaymalone said:
There could even be meets in areas like Prince Albert park or Cypress Hills just to give us something to see other than grass and wheat.

This sounds like a really neat idea. Although, at this time, I don't think there's a whole bunch of us Canadian prairie boys and/or girls who are into this motorized bicycle thing. I'm sure it will catch on in time and there may be enough interest to get something going. Perhaps there already is? Is it gaining popularity on your area? All the power to you, if you want to look into starting some provincial club....especially, if you allow this Toban to tag along on some of your rides.

Might I suggest that a nifty place for a meet would be Sturgis, Saskatchewan. Can you see it? A village of maybe 400 people overcome with a bunch of us! Who knows? I heard the Harley meet in Sturgis, SD started out pretty small. With the rising price of gas, maybe we could make that little Saskatchewan town known throughout the world. Actually, a buddy and I already talked about riding to Sturgis, SK on the same weekend as the real Sturgis. Not sure if we'll go ahead with it, but we thought it'd be fun to do for kicks.

Pete

Hi

lotsa_mpg said:
maydaymalone said:
Might I suggest that a nifty place for a meet would be Sturgis, Saskatchewan. Can you see it? A village of maybe 400 people overcome with a bunch of us! Who knows? I heard the Harley meet in Sturgis, SD started out pretty small. With the rising price of gas, maybe we could make that little Saskatchewan town known throughout the world. Actually, a buddy and I already talked about riding to Sturgis, SK on the same weekend as the real Sturgis. Not sure if we'll go ahead with it, but we thought it'd be fun to do for kicks.

Pete
That sounds cool at the same time as the real sturgis, might get there a little slower...lol I guess you 2 who responded are it so far but thats what it takes to start, i am still waiting for my engine but soon XXXX fingers crossed.

I like the Sturgis SK idea :cool:

I help out with a museum in my home town and have come up with a crazy idea for increasing awareness of a couple of organizations. It would be unlikely to have it ready for the "real" Sturgis date given there are only 60 days till then, but next year could work.
Also I have a sister in-law getting married in Jasper this summer which is killing my free cash. :censored:

I will say more about my idea once I put together a team but we should start as a group (all be it two people) moving towards this as our first prairie meet. What do you think? And who knows maybe in the process we could create a motoredbycicle movement. :p

mayday....I sent you a private message a few days ago. It doesn't appear you've got it yet. Check your messages.

pete

Sorry for the late reply but I sent an email off to you today and as I mentioned in said email I will post a Big project tonight so stay tuned...

Back