Can't figure this out

YetiWoodz

Local time
1:32 PM
My motor takes forever to start. It fires plenty of times but it keeps firing in bursts, jerking me around. A few days after, I tried again, it wouldn't even fire. Had to change spark plug for it to work but still the same problem as before. I can get it to run ok for a little while. For some reason it doesn't want to start back up easily after shutting it off for 30 seconds. More noise is coming from my engine, exhaust noise, not mechanical noise. All head nuts are tight, I put a new exhaust gasket on and cleaned the contact surfaces. After trying to start my engine for 30 seconds, letting it fire a few times, I shut the engine off and I see smoke coming out of the pipe. Very odd. Here's a pic of the spark plug if it helps, does the plug look okay?

Last edited:
Check wiring connecters and wires sounds like its shorting somewhere, How's it been?

My motor takes forever to start. It fires plenty of times but it keeps firing in bursts, jerking me around. A few days after, I tried again, it wouldn't even fire. Had to change spark plug for it to work but still the same problem as before. I can get it to run ok for a little while. For some reason it doesn't want to start back up easily after shutting it off for 30 seconds. More noise is coming from my engine, exhaust noise, not mechanical noise. All head nuts are tight, I put a new exhaust gasket on and cleaned the contact surfaces. After trying to start my engine for 30 seconds, letting it fire a few times, I shut the engine off and I see smoke coming out of the pipe. Very odd. Here's a pic of the spark plug if it helps, does the plug look okay?
View attachment 100827View attachment 100828
The plug is not too bad,looks washed in the bottom and a bit lean on top but I've seen far worse.Did you alter the timing ? Some times with a lower base timing cdi and physical retarding of the magnet it can be hard to start or as mentioned the cdi could be going.

Back