Can't figure this out

Like the old Chevy ignition control modules under the rotor. When they go out they usually will start when cold, then s**t out as the chip warms up. Shut it off let out cool down and it works again. For a bit lol.

Last edited:
Like the old Chevy ignition control modules under the rotor. When they go out they usually will start when cold, then sh*t out as the chip warms up. Shut it off let out cool down abs out works again. For a bit lol.
Yep. He also said he installed a modified KX65 pipe just before all this started so if it ran real close to the CDI the extra heat could have something to do with it's failure.

The only thing that throws me on the CDI as the culprit is the plug looking on the lean side, but I'm sure there are plenty of things I still have to discover.

I’m thinking cdi or magneto has anything got wet?That could help you figure it out. Pull the magneto cover look see if there’s fuel mixture or anything wet in there. Just a thought.

Wow haha you were right gary, carb was just clogged. I cleaned it out already but I guess it just needed a more thorough cleaning haha
Cool I'm glad it worked, and it will help me and others as well in figuring out probs like this. Also the smoke from the pipe was probably due to the extreme lean condition causing the pipe to get hot enough to burn the oil residue in it. This can be used as a symptom to look toward the carb instead of the CDI as well as the super clean plug. Science. Now if we could just fix this damn covid thing. I wonder if carb cleaner would work?👨‍🔬

Back