Can't find adequate friction drive OD roller sizes

GR-snip.JPG

I just hope I won't be going over 6000 RPM while cruising around 20 mph. with the 1-1/8th roller.

Staton's FD kits are cheaper now than 3 years ago, great prices. His rollers come in 1/8th in increments. 7/8ths, 1in, 1-1/8th in, 1-1/4in, 1-3/8ths,1-1/2in then jumps up to 1-3/4ths. 1-1/8th roller is my fave for the 49cc HS. It's a good compromise for speed and torque for hills, 22 mph.

Measure your 26" wheel from top of the tire to bottom, that's your true diameter.
|

Boy that 1-1/8" roller really has to dig into the tire if you wanna go anywhere. The Gear Rat app was right after all: 20 mph at 6000 RPM. HS-4 engine manual sez 7400 max, so I'm still below that. Still the question is just how long the clutch pads will last cruising 6000 RPM for a few hours. The original factory rotor blew after 30 miles, so I'm hoping the Staton heavy duty one will go longer than that.

Regarding Station FD's. Got one 4 years ago have had 3 motors, one not tried yet, 2 bikes, and hell of a good time. IMHO. Station FD rocks. But that's just me. All kits have their good and bad points. Money spent here MIGHT have been spent better elsewhere. As far as clutch pads. Mine are still good at around 1200 or so miles. Honda 35, 1 inch roller, top speed 28, average 24 mph.

Regarding Station FD's. Got one 4 years ago have had 3 motors, one not tried yet, 2 bikes, and hell of a good time. IMHO. Station FD rocks. But that's just me. All kits have their good and bad points. Money spent here MIGHT have been spent better elsewhere. As far as clutch pads. Mine are still good at around 1200 or so miles. Honda 35, 1 inch roller, top speed 28, average 24 mph.

Yeah well, the HS 4 engine is hauling all 220 lbs of me... and the reason I got the 1-1/8" roller so I can climb hills. 22 mph is max for me..and thats throttling near 7000 rpm. Is it even possible to set a top speed on this engine ??

Yeah well, the HS 4 engine is hauling all 220 lbs of me... and the reason I got the 1-1/8" roller so I can climb hills. 22 mph is max for me..and thats throttling near 7000 rpm. Is it even possible to set a top speed on this engine ??
Well I weigh 210.... and 25 mph is average at 3/4 to7/8 throttle.

So I got me a pair of slick Kenda Kwest tires. You get a smoother ride, but didn't exactly translate to some extra mph as I hoped for. Still, highly recommend the tires. Now supposedly you can tinker the roller pressure to get this so called: 'sweet spot' on the tire. Not sure just what you gain from this kind of adjustment, but I'd guess you can't go that deep...especially when you have a tire pressure of 50 to 60 psi.

Now supposedly there are 2" friction drive OD roller sizes out there somewheres. But all I need is just a 1.5" OD roller size, so I can at least go 20 mph. Went over to the Staton site, and the biggest one there is just 1.34" Everything else on the web is 1" or smaller. Maybe someone here knows something that I don't know yet.[/Q
Now supposedly there are 2" friction drive OD roller sizes out there somewheres. But all I need is just a 1.5" OD roller size, so I can at least go 20 mph. Went over to the Staton site, and the biggest one there is just 1.34" Everything else on the web is 1" or smaller. Maybe someone here knows something that I don't know yet.[/QUOTEI'

Now supposedly there are 2" friction drive OD roller sizes out there somewheres. But all I need is just a 1.5" OD roller size, so I can at least go 20 mph. Went over to the Staton site, and the biggest one there is just 1.34" Everything else on the web is 1" or smaller. Maybe someone here knows something that I don't know yet.
I don't know anything!I'm new here but, i got mine from bikeberry 49" lock an load.I get 30 to 35 miles per hour.Rain is s**t.Hills about 15mph.But on flat dry no prob.I'm getting very good speed!

I have been running a Staton FD with a Zenoah G430 RC engine with a 1.125 roller and it is easy to get 35 on the top end. I weigh 205 if i tuck down a i can do a little better. The bike is a Electra alum. frame.

Back