Can't get bike over 23MPH

He was referring to me..

So I just got the Bofeng carb. I have had the stock NT at the second mark that it comes. The Bofeng one has 5 spots and it's at the third. I am going to get an offset manifold to see if the problem is not enough air because the air filter is right against the back of the bike. I'm about to take the air filter off to see how it runs.

I'm assuming it's carbon because I was able to clean it off.
Yeah, if you were able to clean it off and the dome looked OK, then is just incredibly rich.

EmCee I've looked back for a picture of the exhaust, are you running a kit exhaust? If so try a test run with the end cap removed, that will help lean the mixture by reducing back pressure. Warning it will be loud, if you live where you can try it give it a shot.

Did you fix the air leaks?
Yes. I thought maybe my cylinder head was the issue. I put my old one on and when I roll the bike I hear this bright metal sound. I put the old cylinder head on and it's fine. What if my bike is meant to go max 23mph? I am reading around and funny enough I went to the description for my engine and it says "can go up to 38kmh" which is 23mph. Bike Berry had an article that said without any mods you will go 20-25mph.

EmCee I've looked back for a picture of the exhaust, are you running a kit exhaust? If so try a test run with the end cap removed, that will help lean the mixture by reducing back pressure. Warning it will be loud, if you live where you can try it give it a shot.

I'm running a flex exhaust. I can't use the stock exhaust because of pedal clearence problems. I do have a banana (half moon) exhaust that I want to try tomorrow to see if it changes anything

Attachments

• IMG_20220822_185721.jpg
    IMG_20220822_185721.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 86
Yes. I thought maybe my cylinder head was the issue. I put my old one on and when I roll the bike I hear this bright metal sound. I put the old cylinder head on and it's fine. What if my bike is meant to go max 23mph? I am reading around and funny enough I went to the description for my engine and it says "can go up to 38kmh" which is 23mph. Bike Berry had an article that said without any mods you will go 20-25mph.

I'm running a flex exhaust. I can't use the stock exhaust because of pedal clearence problems. I do have a banana (half moon) exhaust that I want to try tomorrow to see if it changes anything
I'm not sure if having the exhaust travel upwards like that would affect performance, but if you try the other exhaust you'll find out.

I'm not being critical but with the chain tensioner that close to the rear sprocket it robbing speed, if you have clearance moving it forward and shortening the chain should help.

I would also remove those fenders (I have the same bike with a friction drive), they're fine for a pedal bike, they will kill you running them on the motorized bikes.

Keep the fenders.
I wouldn't...On these cheaper bikes, they ALWAYS break off at the tabs that fasten them to the frame due to vibration and harmonics created thereof...I always replace mine with shorter, sportier, plastic type ones where I reinforce the front fasteners to prevent this from happening due to their shorter lengths and lighter weight and the rear fastens onto the seat post.

When the stock metal fenders on these cheaper Walmart bikes etc. do snap off, especially the front one, it raps itself around the front wheel and propels you through the air causing great injury or even death....Get rid of them for your own safety.

See the pics in the link below and read the post of what happened...Don't let this happen to you or yours.

Click this one for even more pics of fenders induced damage and injury.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
To be fair when it's raining / muddy I get the most amount of crap off of rear tire anyway... I'd take water / mud in face vs faceplanting from 10ft in the air @ 30mph anyday

I don't think this is a joke at all to be fair no offense @DAMIEN1307 but chese & crackers, how many people have died from that? Does anyone even know? it's a serious f***ing problem. Who wants to take their chances flying 10ft in the air at 30 mph? Not me. I've had my fair share of automotive accidents (not many, maybe like 3) and that was bad enough. If I had been on an MB for any of those i'd be dead. Everytime I ride over 30mph which is basically everytime I understand the risk of being f***ing dead. Those fenders increase that risk by quite a bit.

Back