Can't get bike over 23MPH

Ok on 26" wheels with a 10\44 at 23 mph the engine should be doing 5365 rpm. If the tach is reading more than that it means your speedometer is off and/or your tires are less than 26" and/or something is in a bind and/or your engine lacks the power for the load being put on it and/or the clutch is slipping.

Why would you return such a useful device? With motorized bicycles, you're going to need quality tools, specialty tools, and devices.
I'm going to order one right now. Amazon said it will be here tomorrow. Luckily with tools I have every tool that I would ever need for the most part. That's what I been doing with my money.

Are you using 100% ethanol-free gas? This has nothing to do with octane level. Have you checked for air leaks? You can do this with smoke. Did you clean up the inside of the engine or simply put it on the bike?

Should I be using ethanol free? I just thought it was based on octane levels. I use 93 octane. For the air leaks I will check that next at my parents house where I have all my aerosols, im assuming I can use carb cleaner for it?
Because he is in a "living situation" where he really cannot afford what you and I would take for granted as not being expensive...for him right now a pack of chewing gum is expensive.
Yep, can't chew gum, too expensive. I just chew on my tongue instead.
Once they run right, our bikes are fairly affordable. However, chances are you're going to have to spend money to make them do that. It's a sad fact, but just the way it is. My neighbor's mower I got for him won't crank now because he didn't listen to me and put ethanol-added gas in it. He did this because it was cheaper than 100% gas.

I will say that so far this hasn't been TOO expensive. The initial kit was the biggest expense and then my flex muffler. I'm trying to learn everything I can so I make less mistakes which pans out to less money.

When I got the engine I did clean it and thank God I did. I found metal specs sitting on top of the piston from when the cylinder studs were cut.

Ethanol-free gas will have it on the pump. It cost more but you won't be cleaning your jets in 3 months or less. With ethanol added to gas, it'd be like adding a spoon full of sugar to every tank full of gas.

This is the reason many of us have very large tanks. Mine is a 5 quart see through tank. In my small town, there's only 1 place that sells 100% gas. With the large tank, I have a very far range, I don't have to stop at stations that don't sell 100% gas.
20210704_204619.jpg

Ethanol-free gas will have it on the pump. It cost more but you won't be cleaning your jets in 3 months or less. With ethanol added to gas, it'd be like adding a spoon full of sugar to every tank full of gas.
I'm going to start doing that, thanks for the tip. Now is it the same octane levels just ethanol free? Like 93 Ethanol free? Now let's say I can only find 91 Ethanol free, will that harm the engine to downgrade? Not every place has 93. Some only have 87, 89 and 91.

I'm going to start doing that, thanks for the tip. Now is it the same octane levels just ethanol free? Like 93 Ethanol free? Now let's say I can only find 91 Ethanol free, will that harm the engine to downgrade? Not every place has 93. Some only have 87, 89 and 91.
If you can find 87 in ethanol free, use that.

Now is it the same octane levels just ethanol free? Like 93 Ethanol free? Now let's say I can only find 91 Ethanol free, will that harm the engine to downgrade? Not every place has 93. Some only have 87, 89 and 91.
Not only will you do NO harm, It is actually better for these China Girl 2 stroke motors to use lower octane as high octane levels, by US standards used to figure octane ratings, is NOT required unless you have a high compression motor which you do not have.

I actually have only 87 octane ethanol free available to me here in Alamogordo, NM. However the octane rating of gas is different in most of the world than it is here in the US when we recommend octane grades of gas.

Just so you know, when the Chinese builders give you a recommended octane rating to use, just like centimeters, (80cc actually being 66cc in the USA), their gas octane levels are of a difference from ours as well...Many people, even most here in the forums, are not aware of a difference in octane rating numbers in most of the world versus the octane number system used here in the USA.

There are two different ways to measure octane rating — Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON). The Motor Octane Number, being measured under more stringent conditions, is almost always lower than the RON. The US uses something called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI), which is just the arithmetic mean of the RON and the MON, whereas almost everyone else uses just the RON.

If China says use 93 octane, (they are using the RON measuring standard), it is actually 85 to 86 octane by USA standards using the AKI method, (R+M/2) as it is marked on the gas pumps here in the US.

There is a 7 to 8 point difference between the numbers used by China and many other places in the world including Europe vs the number value used here in the USA to rate the octane content/capacity of gasoline.

Using a flex fuel GM truck as a guide, I have found the 93 octane around here now contains 16% ethanol, and the 87 is about 6%. Since ethanol has a higher octane, you will find since the Pres signed in a bill that allows 15% ethanol, seems the fuel makers are just adding more ethanol to the higher grades instead of making them better fuel. All pure gasoline here is 90 octane (aka rec 90).

Using a flex fuel GM truck as a guide, I have found the 93 octane around here now contains 16% ethanol, and the 87 is about 6%. Since ethanol has a higher octane, you will find since the Pres signed in a bill that allows 15% ethanol, seems the fuel makers are just adding more ethanol to the higher grades instead of making them better fuel. All pure gasoline here is 90 octane (aka rec 90).
Then why is the 100% gas in my town got 87 on it? Also, there's a station in Oak Ridge that sells 100% gas at 3 octane levels: 87,89,93. They also sell all three octane levels with ethanol added.

Are you saying where you live the 100% is a 90-octane rating? All they sell in my town is 87.

Here, as in local to me. ;) All the stations that have a 100% pump has rec 90 around here. This is a heavily populated metro area with boating and everglades close by - so many of the stations will have one pump with 100% gas, and they are all 90. Now, sure, you "can" go to the 76 and they have everything from 87 to 106 unleaded, 116 leaded, c16 etc.

Back