Can't get bike over 23MPH

I have a bunch of extras that I will happily send to you free of charge.
Wow, I wish I had known that...lol...I just bought a bag of 60 of those suckers for future...lol...but they only cost me 11 bucks so not such a big deal...lol.

Those red clay like pads the Phantom85 comes with suck by the way...even with clutch adjusted properly, they still were burning up on me so I just replaced them and guess what, the new black and white ones that I have always had in the past on other motors, They are no longer "smokin"...lol.

They grip better too...lol.

Wow, I wish I had known that...lol...I just bought a bag of 60 of those suckers for future...lol...but they only cost me 11 bucks so not such a big deal...lol.

Those red clay like pads the Phantom85 comes with suck by the way...even with clutch adjusted properly, they still were burning up on me so I just replaced them and guess what, the new black and white ones that I have always had in the past on other motors, They are no longer "smokin"...lol.

They grip better too...lol.
I have 3 sets of the red and like 8 sets of the black and white. I ordered both thinking they were 1 set... ended up being a bulk bag. So far my red pads are holding ok. Not sure how long they will last, but no slipping to report yet. I did fully tear down the clutch and degrease and scour the clutch plates though, and added another full turn to the main spring preload.

Just to toss this out there but if your issue ends up being clutch related and you find out you need clutch pads let me know. I have a bunch of extras that I will happily send to you free of charge.
So my pads look decent. I appreciate the kind gesture. Are clutch pads replaced when they're worn down completely or is their a mm length I should look for?

Just so you understand it correctly from what Chainlube just wrote...

When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Tighten the flower nut until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel turns freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have all the slippage or overtightness totally out of it.

Wasn't able to fix the speed issue. I have been trying to figure out why when I pull the clutch lever it would make a creeking noise. I pushed the lever too far and the bucking arm wasn't inside of the grove of the clutch arm correctly. I adjusted the flower nut and the clutch arm in the process. It doesn't take a s**t ton of hand pressure to pull the lever in anymore. Did not solve the speed issue though.

Welp, I took care of one issue, hope to deal with the rest tomorrow. Will post the RPM results. Is there a certain MPH increments I should be logging the RPMs at? Like 10, 15, 20 and top speed?

I am not aware of any measurement to indicate if the pads are too worn. I just know that you eventually reach a point where you can't adjust the flower nut any more to stop them slipping.
Are clutch pads replaced when they're worn down completely or is their a mm length I should look for?
With the exception of the crap red clay pads that came with my Phantom 85, The only other time I ever replaced a set of pads on mine, (they were the black and white checked pattern ones), was on my bike that the frame broke on a few years back and it had over three thousand miles on it...I only changed them just for the sake of argument as I still had plenty of adjustment to go with the flower nut If I had wanted to...They really weren't badly worn down at all and hardly any brake dust to speak of when I removed the clutch cover....I got another three thousand and there still in the old Seeutec motor at this time sitting on a shelf after that Huffy Cranbrook frame broke on me...lol.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned installing a smaller rear sprocket. A 38 - 40 tooth should get you a bit better speed. A little slower on takeoff means you might have to pedal assist it some.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned installing a smaller rear sprocket. A 38 - 40 tooth should get you a bit better speed. A little slower on takeoff means you might have to pedal assist it some.
Because at this point we are trying to determine what the problem may be. His setup should be able to achieve 30mph at 7000rpm but since he doesn't know at what RPM he is achieving his 23mph top speed at it makes it difficult to narrow down what his potential problem may be. We are just tossing out ideas until we can narrow down the potential issue.

Back