Engine Trouble Can't get engine to stay at idle!!

Maxzybowski

Local time
9:47 AM
I recently built a two stroke, 100cc motorized bike. I start to pedal with the cluch in, I release the clutch, but it wont stay at idle. I have no idea what to do. My original ratio was 40:1, then I added more oil into the tank (not a lot) for the break in period. No help. Then I udjusted the c clip in the carb for the richer setting, still no help. Any ideas of how to fix the issue?

First of all, never put oil directly into the tank. Put it in a gas can and mix the gas then fill the tank. Did you turn the idle screw to bring the idle up?
Well, I messed with the idle screw a bit and it didnt seem to work, how much turns from unscrewed should it do for it to work?

Did you put the barrel slide with the needle on it into the carburetor properly???...There is a small "nub" inside the carburetor that lines up with that slit in the barrel so that the throttle slides back and forth properly, on the opposite side of that barrel is a little "step" that the idle screw rests against in order to raise and lower the idle adjustment on that slide.

Also, exactly what notch is the needle valve C clip now in???...Depending on what your altitude above sea level is will tell me where you need to position it to start off with.

Slide Assembly.JPG
Slide Needle Grooves.JPG

Did you put the barrel slide with the needle on it into the carburetor properly???...There is a small "nub" inside the carburetor that lines up with that slit in the barrel so that the throttle slides back and forth properly, on the opposite side of that barrel is a little "step" that the idle screw rests against in order to raise and lower the idle adjustment on that slide.

Also, exactly what notch is the needle valve C clip now in???...Depending on what your altitude above sea level is will tell me where you need to position it to start off with.

View attachment 192750 View attachment 192751
I put it on the second from the top

Again I will ask, what is your elevation above sea level and one added question, are you using the stock carburetor that came with the kit and are you experiencing a high idle???

Post a few pics here in the forum if you can showing the motor on the bike as it is right now, you would be surprised what we find out just by looking at pics.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back